And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Got a message from fraud prevention at my bank and found out someone was illegally using my credit card # locally. Pisses me the fuck off, but I'm kinda impressed their system was able to detect and decline the fraudulent activity despite me not really having a real "pattern" for transactions. Of course since I'll be out of town next week, means I had to procure a prepaid visa and a bit of cash to ensure any expenses on the trip are covered until I get a new card.

The main problem with credit cards, is that anyone who gets your cc number and any extra relevant information(sometimes not even necessary) can order/attempt to order anything off the internet. This is the main reason why I use a prepaid credit card, it may sound stupid to some, but it works very well to prevent fraud and identity theft.

Good news, Marc. +1 with the well wishes.

My post-up update:

Saw my PCP and surgeon this week. I'm healing well, and have been released to go back to work. I start next Tuesday. I'm good with doing 4 hour days to start, but I found out that I was 4 weeks short of qualifying for paid Short Term Disability :( I've been out for three weeks so far, and I had enough leave to cover 4 days. Fun fun, no? :rollseyes:

I started on a new pain med regimen. I went from morphine and oxys to muscle relaxers (Robaxin) and hydros (Lortabs), with a little Ambien thrown in to help me sleep (had been getting 3.5 hours on average daily with the other stuff). My feet are still numb (kinda sucks stepping off a stair/curb, I've tweaked 'em a little on more than one occasion) but slowly getting better. That's not where the worst of the numbness is, but I'm SERIOUSLY hoping that come back in the coming weeks. I know it's a waiting game, and at just over 2 weeks post-op, everyone seems to think I'm doing rather well in the recovery, including myself. Some of it, though, is just incredibly frustrating.

I did get out last night and go grocery shopping, this time without using the "grossly obese people" cart. I did it once, with shame, but I got some exercise in with this one. Felt good to get out and be able to do some routine things.

Funny thing... I got a refill on my post-hospital meds from my PCP filled on Tuesday night, then came back Wednesday night to get the new stuff filled. Needless to say, I had a few minute talk with the pharmacist about mixing all this, and I laid out the "I wanted to wean off the morphine and oxys... saw the surgeon today... blah blah blah." I was amused.

**BRENT**

Good to see all the hopeful news, wishing everyone the best, from dads to motherfucking blanket sellers to child-bottle-feeders to vacationers to back patients grin.gif

I just got back from the vet taking my two cats in for check-ups. The larger one that is sleek and strong like a panther (Gryphon; keeping my tradition of naming cats after stereo equipment) was the world's biggest wimp, while the normally skittish one (Tab; not stereo, my wife and son overruled me) took it all like a trooper. Two shots each, handled well, but both are happy to be home.

Edited by skullguise

Put a Thule rack on my car for the kayak, had lunch and went beer shopping with Jp. Picked up a case of Life and Limb.

Marc, wishing your dad well. Brent, glad to hear your getting better. My numbness took a while to go away, although I didn't have surgery. I'm sure yours will do the same.

Well, they are going to have to go in the morning a second time, he's still bleeding. Torpedo, I'd guess the injury was like 5 weeks ago. His blood pressure was unstable and they rushed him to another scan but didn't see that anything changed. More waiting.

Those news aren't as good as we were expecting, but I'm sure they will be able to stop the bleeding. Hang in there mate. Best wishes and even better luck :)

Sorry about your dad's setback Marc. Sending good thoughts your way for a successful procedure tomorrow.

JP has been quite slow on sending out his change of address cards but he is most definitely back in SoFla again. The authorities are well aware, so rest easy. wink.png

I have spent a few hours cleaning out our so-called basement, and decided to turn the antique refrigerator (non-functioning) into a beer cellar. This thing seems to have been original to the house, and actually supports the bottom floor of the house because a joist rests right on it.

web.jpg?ver=13150899680001

I cleaned it inside and out and may one day figure out how to get new hinges for the ice cube compartment on the top left and a new handle/latch for the main door on the top right.

web.jpg?ver=13150899680001

Instead of storing the beer in my liquor cabinet under the stairs ("the closet of awesome" as Edwood called it in a text to Peter last week), I figure it will be happier under the house in this cool insulated box.

web.jpg?ver=13150899690001

The shelves are metal mesh and not super strong in the middle, so I stacked the three full shelves I have one top of each other and have one strong shelf splitting the main space.

web.jpg?ver=13150899690001

The dank hold on the bottom that was once a freezer will house only appropriately named or labeled brews. Although looking at the pics now, I realize now I could have put the Jolly Pumpkin down there instead of the Oude Vieille Geuze, even though I quite like that dark castle on the label.

web.jpg?ver=13150900420001

Heh... who said anything about getting better? I think I hurt myself laughing so hard while trying to take and stage that picture. :)

I can't have any right now, so he kindly hooked me up with some in my flask just behind the measuring cup. The spout was rather small, so couldn't go from the bottle. If you notice on the right, there is a thin-ish white cone which had a small hole on the small end. Needless to say, not a drop went to waste. :)

Hated that we only got to hang out a few hours, but it was fun nonetheless. Thx Fritz.

**BRENT**

Heh... who said anything about getting better? I think I hurt myself laughing so hard while trying to take and stage that picture. smile.png

I thought you were gonna lose control of one or more bodily functions. laugh.png

Everything about the pic was completely unplanned and unexpected.

• Like 1