And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Thanks for all the support and those other comments. :P Nate and Steve, I would love to fly you out here to engineer a solution and screw studs--you guys pick which task is right for you. I have that exact stud finder (even without Fitz here) and feel pretty confident that the only thing I need to upgrade is the screws.

Tonight, Claire and I went to a "salon" for SF Jazz donors. It was at the home of a venture capitalist who is also an audiophile and the chairman of Fender. He has one of a kind guitars on display, including a neon orange Esquire that Bruce Springsteen gave him. Brazilian pianist and singer Eliane Elias and her husband Mark Johnson, who played bass with Bill Evans for the last three years of Evans' life, performed for 45 minutes or so. It was excellent and we felt very spoiled to see a performance like that in a living room with 25 or 30 people. They both play remarkably well and she has a great voice and personality to bring it all together.

Yay for Claire de Paris! Sorry to say Al, it is time to upgrade your audio gear (except for the Cicadas). Your "old" gear has some bad juju.

voodoo-doll_protection.jpg

Nonetheless I am glad to hear the damage was minimal and you can still play music for the time being.

As for me spent the last hour with a Dell tech guy as he swapped out the motherboard on my new Dell XPS. I spent an hour online last week with Dell's customer service trying to trouble shoot why this new friggin' Dell cannot send a digital signal to my external DAC. I tried two different optical cables, I tried iTunes, Foobar even Microsoft Audio and two different dacs. The only way I can play music is through the green audio jack and you know what that sounds like. I even performed clean reinstalls of the updated Realtek drivers from both the Realtek and Dell websites. Sometimes I hate 'puters. angry.png

Messed around with LR and flickr/Smugmug after dinner to catch up on photos I haven't gotten around to uploading (grandparents have been impatiently waiting for new photos of their granddaughter). While doing so, I somehow managed to delete most of the tags/keywords I had applied to the piles of photos I uploaded onto flickr yesterday/today. As much as it annoys me that they're gone, I don't think I have the energy to go through them and add them back at this point.

Started getting a sore throat last night. Tried to go to bed early, instead I was up half the night - just couldn't get to sleep. This morning my throat is killing me and it is clear that I am sick. It wouldn't be so bad but I have to fly to North Carolina tomorrow to give an invited address and run a special session over the weekend. I need to work on my talk but all I want to do is sleep. Sigh.