And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

A little excitement here this morning. Sitting at my desk and watch 13 police cars from different agencies with lights & sirens on speeding single file past our office. Turns out they were chasing bank robbers.

Seems the robbers took money from a local bank and locked the employees in the vault. The robbers rode away from the bank on a bicycle. The money had a tracking device and it seems our brainiacs were using a Budget rental truck as the get away vehicle. Apparently money was tossed from the truck along with their disguises. Police eventually were successful in blowing two of the tires and arresting the men.

Y'all may be used to this in New York, LA or Chicago, but we just don't have this kind of excitement round here.

What I have been doing for most of today and frankly more or less continually since Saturday is preparing for a three hour live webcast that I'm doing night from 7-10PM Eastern. I've been banging my head against Traktor, carefully beatgridding 100 or so tracks, of which I will probably play 1/3 to 1/2. I'm stessing over it, but I think objectively I'm in pretty good shape.

Drove by the beach where this happened yesterday.

http://www.iol.co.za...auded-1.1147201

There were lots of surfers out in the bay as usual. Braver than I am with this sort of thing going on just a half mile away at Seal Island.

There's a lot of unregulated cage diving going on with the Great Whites in False Bay and the worry is they are being habituated to associate humans with food, as the dive operators chum heavily. The way they nailed this poor guy pretty much as soon as he got in the water is bloody scary.