And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Yeah, I'm ok. I was stopped at an exit ramp, which was at an slight downhill, behind the said tractor-trailer. I then see the tractor-trailer is slowly moving back towards me. I tried in vain to get out of its way while honking my horn, but I really had nowhere to go with cars behind me and no room on the side. Apparently, the driver of the tractor-trailer let go of the brake a bit assuming it won't roll uphill, but he was wrong. At least he quickly stepped on a brake before it broke anything substantial on my car. Now I need to file accident reports. Joy.

For what it's worth that happened to me almost exactly and the insurance adjusters did not agree that it was not my fault. I still feel like it was unfair... in my case there wasn't anyone beside or behind me tho and I didn't notice him backing up until I was hit.... Good luck!

Edited by luvdunhill

Took the young'n to the vet. Cut my thumb on the cage getting him out. Doc comes in. "This isn't what it looks like." She procedes to tell me a story in which it was what it looked like. I laughed. Proceded to get a bandage. Told someone else later in the day, when asked what happened, "I donated blood...at the vet's office." They laughed. I let them think it was what it looked like.

Weighed him, took his temperature, felt him up for his organs. He tried to hide by sticking his head behind the monitor. The rest of him was visible. It was comical. We both laughed.

Still 16 lbs. "I wouldn't feed him any more. I mean, still feed him, I just wouldn't feed him more. And we should probably keep an eye on his weight."

He is slightly overweight, so not shocked. But he still rips around the apartment, so I'm not putting him on a diet yet. I still need to get him a playmate.

(BTW, for the ones wondering -- Linda kept Diego [kitten in my avatar, story is elsewhere]. I don't really have a problem with that -- I mean, I would have preferred to keep him myself, but she took care of him during his formative weeks while I was unemployed, and they bonded, and I saw that bond, and I want what's best for him, so...I let her keep him without putting up a fight. I know she will take care of him well. And she did say that Bobby was welcome to come over for future play dates.)

test drove a couple cars. i think i'm going to buy a gently used and loaded 2009 Prius, tomorrow morning. trading in the rather beat up GTI, so Emily and i will be sharing until we can afford a second car a bit down the road (no pun intended). i'm really excited, as i really liked it a lot.

Clarkson would have your ass, but I think it's not a bad choice. And it's very likely I'll be picking up a new GTI in the next month or so, so the karma will equal out.

• Like 1

test drove a couple cars. i think i'm going to buy a gently used and loaded 2009 Prius, tomorrow morning. trading in the rather beat up GTI, so Emily and i will be sharing until we can afford a second car a bit down the road (no pun intended). i'm really excited, as i really liked it a lot.

I followed one of those up an onramp to the highway the other day, and was surprised by how quickly it got up to speed to match highway traffic.