And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I saw an R8 yesterday Jeff, that seemed nice. :)  Give us some examples of what you're looking at and what you didn't like and maybe we can come up with something.  

I waffle all over the map when it comes to what I think would make a good next car.  The real problem is that my current car has been paid off for 3 years and shows no real signs of needing to be replaced.  

Borrowed my dad's R8 while I was Dallas for the NBA assessments.  Not really my thing.

I am really just looking for a daily driver car with AWD.  Looked at a Lexus GS350 F Sport AWD car today that was okay.  Just did not seem like a $60k+ car.  Don't like the looks of the modern BMW.  

I am kind of in the same boat as you Nate as my paid off current car only has 38k miles on it, I am just bored.

Borrowed my dad's R8 while I was Dallas for the NBA assessments.  Not really my thing.

I am really just looking for a daily driver car with AWD.  Looked at a Lexus GS350 F Sport AWD car today that was okay.  Just did not seem like a $60k+ car.  Don't like the looks of the modern BMW.  

I am kind of in the same boat as you Nate as my paid off current car only has 38k miles on it, I am just bored.

Inspiration? http://www.high.org/Art/Exhibitions/Dream-Cars-Innovative-Design-Visionary-Ideas.aspx

I really like the looks of the Audi S5, but have not driven.

I am most likely just going to lease something as I only drive about 5k miles a year.  I am supposed to go to the Audi dealership to drive a S5 tomorrow, doubt they have the RS5 in stock and seems kind of overkill to drive to the train station.

Good luck and wishing you and your mother the best, Steve.

Woke up well rested and looking forward to the weekend.  Fired up the coffee grinder and the day promptly went to shit.

If you look closely you'll see a rock jammed in grinding mechanism.  Despite the grinder saying that it has ways of dealing with this to avoid burning up the motor it was incapable of saving itself.  I got the rock out and fired it back up (pun fully intended) and poof, magic smoke.  Fudge.

Ugh!  Sorry to hear that Nate.  Did you go MacGuyver with a ziploc bag and a hammer?

I've been happy with my capresso 565 grinder I bought last year.

I'll second this.

car shopping.  ugh!

I just did it and it wasn't bad.  I used Edmunds.com to get a quote from a dealer about 100 miles away.  I took it to the local dealer and they matched it.  Of course, it helped to have a nice salesperson.

9ea099da-51e6-4151-98b9-c931a0ba9a06_zps

Sounds like a Subaru Outback or Forester would do the trick for you.

Lollers, I recommended a XV Crosstrek to him, and he changed it to WRX STI.  I can't really argue with that.  Although he didn't bring up the "seems like overkill to drive to the train station" comment at the time...I did.  Except I said, "seems like overkill for the entire DC area".

Oh, and Jeff, the car I was trying to think of was the Outback Sport -- the XV Crosstrek is basically just the Outback Sport hopped up with a lift kit.  Don't think it comes in a WRX STI, though.

Oh, and I'll second the Cayenne -- fucking any Cayenne, looks hot even before I know what it is.  Only comes in black in the DC area, though.  (I've only ever seen it in black.)

Do I sound like I'm complaining?  I'm only mentioning it if Jeff wants a change of pace (I've only ever seen him drive black cars).

No, seriously, I've never owned a black car, and none of my choices for color for the Mazda3 that I have my eye on ... none of them are black (dolphin blue, blurple, dried blood red, and I think there was even a full-on purple once).

Yesterday I was working on my 13 year old laptop and I apparently put put it down too hard and the file system corrupted. It is finally time to let this one go. I am about to do a low level erase with a Samsung hard disk utility.

I had some software on it that does network license checking so I hope that the developer is cool and transfers the license or that would suck.

I don't like cars, don't like spending money on an item I view as pure expense and don't care for the process.  I do enjoy the negotiation oddly enough. 

Looking for my bride so mid size sedans.  Replacing an '02 Galant GTZ.  So far I have found the Accord most disappointing and the Fusion most surprising.  I think the only one we haven't seen is the Sonata & Optima in the under 30K bracket.  Reviews help but nothing like seeing/driving a vehicle to make an informed decision.

At least the process for me is nearing the end.

Depending on what you're looking for in terms of options you might consider something like a certified pre-owned Audi A4 or BMW 328.  They can be had for well under $30k with ~30k miles and figure 2011/12 vintage.  In my experience these cars feel (and are) quite a bit nicer than the usual suspects from the US and Japan.  That said, the new Fusion is a very nice looking car.  I've only driven the previous generation Hybrids (work has a bunch) and they ride nice enough but I'm generally just not a huge fan of CVT/Hybrid drive systems and won't be driving one till the last well dries up and there isn't another option.