And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Observed that my sauerkraut was in fact NOT over salted.  I thought it had been, as it didn't start bubbling within 24 hours, but it's bubbling away, now.  I'm using a different method and container setup, than I used to use (if it works out well, it's what I'll be using from now on), and I think that might have been the difference 

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Like 1

I'm using a Rubbermaid cereal container with a gallon ziploc bag full of brine, to hold the cabbage down. I used to use bowls and jars. Fits perfectly in another container, for overflow, and easily vented. that's a head of red cabbage and a head of green  

image.jpg

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Like 2

Got back from upstate NY, an adventure to visit Clarkson University for Admitted Students' Day (today/Saturday).  Due to the weather, we left Thursday instead of Friday.  Tough ride, save for a nice pic Karen got on the Lake Champlain Ferry; long, couldn't find a good place to stop for dinner, and ended up getting to the hotel just past 10pm.  Andrew got into a class Friday, and spent a bit of time on campus.  It turns out he is not as impressed these days.

A big part of that is due to Wheaton College in MA jumping very high on his list, after a student-hosted night and also attending a class there.  It set a pretty high standard to meet.  Combine that with the snow, odd eating schedules causing general grumpiness in all of us, and a dead car battery that had to be jumped.  We got to the event this morning, looked at the agenda....and decide to leave and get home.

So Andrew has made his choice of Wheaton, and we all think it's a great one.  Great combination of Tech and Liberal Arts, and an incredibly welcoming and diverse set of students and faculty.  Along with Clarkson, Wheaton also gave fantastic merit money.  And it's not a 6-plus-fucking-hour ride.

• Like 11

Good to have choices for college especially when they want to give you money! My kids had a choice, University of Florida. They could choose to go or not. It worked out.

b18ae55e787511bd20bf84fb24696cad.jpg

Roasted my first two 1/4 pound batches. We will see how they turned out tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Excellent board game breakfast (we didn't quite solve case one of Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective, but we came close), mediocre coffee date, now making tacos with Gardien "Beefless tips," which, having sampled one, are way closer to a solid beef chunk than I ever thought a meat substitute could be.  The stuff even sears well.

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Like 1