Blue Hawaii Special Edition

pabbi1

If their are trim pots for adjustment then why would you indicate fixed bias is not adjustable?
Fixed bias, by definition is not adjustable. The BHSE is an adjustable bias amplifier.

There are lots of amps that are described as auto bias when in fact they are just a simple, fixed bias circuit. I believe this is an attempt on the manufacturer's part to mislead the consumer into thinking that something more complex is going on.

For "speaker" tube amplifiers, there are fixed bias amplifiers that are adjustable.

I believe that anyone who describes an amp like that would be mixing their terms.

As I understand it, auto-bias in this context would refer to self-biased, where there's a resistor stuck on the cathode of the tube and it biases itself to whatever it feels like. Fixed bias means you have a separate power supply to set the bias on the tube, and generally there's trimpots to finetune the bias to a given tube.

• 2 weeks later...
I've seen the pics. At least one was shipping today i think...

but not mine. Dammit.

I got to find a way to clone the guy...

We would have to clone Ray and Mikhail to balance out the world. But maybe that's tipping the scale too much the other way :)

I just got a request today from Justin to pay shipping on my BHSE. It's so close I can almost smell it! :dance:

If that notice were from Mikhail I'd say congrats, you're only a year or two away from getting your amp. However the fact that it's from Justin real congratulations are in order.

We demand pics immediately upon arrival!

I've seen the pics. At least one was shipping today i think...

but not mine. Dammit.

I got to find a way to clone the guy...

multiplicity.gif

We would have to clone Ray and Mikhail to balance out the world. But maybe that's tipping the scale too much the other way :)

Wait, Ray's not two people already?

The actual Mikhail is already a malfunctioning clone of the real Mikhail. No one knows what happened to the original one.

Wait, does this mean it's too late to change color choices?

Justin, can you delay shipping all the amps until I see photos of everyone else's amp first? And I'll pick one out?

I know everyone won't mind waiting while I peruse leisurely over the photos and ponder over the color choices.

Wait, does this mean it's too late to change color choices?

Justin, can you delay shipping all the amps until I see photos of everyone else's amp first? And I'll pick one out?

I know everyone won't mind waiting while I peruse leisurely over the photos and ponder over the color choices.

When I asked everyone what color they wanted, that wasn't supposed to be something that could be changed later. Changing the color now would likely mean someone else wouldn't be able to receive what they asked for. Small modifications may be possible

Here is the first one trying out the packaging:

bhse_box.jpg

Goodbye bubblewrap, you sucked

Goodbye bubblewrap, you sucked

Good move as I really don't have fond memories of my old BH arriving with the BG's pushed into the chassis... :-\

Ah, that's good, maybe the circular parts around the tubes for example?

What color did you choose my crazy elephant friend? :P

What color did you choose my crazy elephant friend? :P

Crazy elephant?! I'm "Super-cool baby elephant" dammit. :)

I asked for all black except for silver tube rings. Yep, boring. I just know that I'm going to be jealous of other better-looking color combos.

Hmm, maybe I can buy a Singlepower two-box chassis and put the BHSE inside?