RIP someone or another

Wmcmanus

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t want to start a political discussion here but DiFi had an incredible career as a public servant. There’s room for debate on whether keeping her in office this long was appropriate but she did it as another service to her state and country. The republicans claimed they would not follow senate protocol and would refuse to allow her appointed replacement to take over her committee assignments etc. They held her hostage in my opinion and I’ll be curious to see how it plays out after she died in office. /end rant 

RIP Senator Feinstein, you deserve the rest.

Edited by Voltron
  • Like 8

I don't like to get too political either, but it's too late for that. Everyone here knows I'm a liberal Democrat. I do however believe in crossing the isle to work with Republicans to get things done. That is just becoming increasingly impossible with what has become of the Republican party.

Dianne was an amazing politician. Her accomplishments are too vast to mention here. Not only a role model for women, but a role model for anyone that believes our Government has a role to play in helping it's citizens. I'm sorry she didn't live long enough to see the ultra MAGA contingent ousted.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

RIP RIP Rudolph. I love the Isleys and always played my vinyl version of Live It Up! back in the day when we actually had parties where people danced. This summer there was a local restaurant and bar with a DJ outdoors and I requested the Isleys and he ended up doing a medley that finished with B-Boy Bouillabaisse by Beastie Boys, which samples That Lady. 

• Like 2

Yeah, that was an emotional one.

This is an ironic one (or unfortunate, I don't know which):

Michael Chiarello -- famous food chef, died of complications resulting from an acute allergic reaction.

What an awful way to go. 

I'll probably die of something stupid, like drowning in my own snot (I have a cold right now, and I had one of the hottest Chinese mustards I've ever had on my egg roll earlier, and the mustard loosened up my sinuses), so I am not being judgmental here.

• Sad 3

• 2 weeks later...

Luckily my wife’s family is safe. My sister-in-law and niece live in Lewiston, just outside the Bates campus, between the two scenes. And my in-laws are about 5 miles away in Auburn.  It was a pretty stressful evening with so little information. Hope they’re able to track him down soon. 

• Sad 11