Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Just got the book today. It's actually smaller than I expected... B5 size like a doujinshi rather than an artbook. The art is really good though, somewhere around 40-50 full-page drawings in a wide variety of styles. Each headphone (and some other equipment) has a full review too, although I haven't tried to read any of them yet. The back of the book also has interviews with a bunch of people involved in music for anime/games, as well as Sony and Stax. Definitely worth it if you can get a good price on it.

Where did you buy it from?

Damn you mentioning the Stax part :mad:

Where did you buy it from?

Damn you mentioning the Stax part :mad:

I bought it from otaku.com since Alex had a copy, but it's available a bunch of other places (would've gotten it at amazon.co.jp if they still offered cheap shipping).

We demand scans!!!!

I've seen the scans online someplace, but it's not an expensive book and the art looks way better in person, so it's worth buying it. Here's some sample pics I snapped though:

animeheadphones1.jpg

animeheadphones2.jpg

animeheadphones3.jpg

I've seen the scans online someplace, but it's not an expensive book and the art looks way better in person, so it's worth buying it. Here's some sample pics I snapped though:

animeheadphones1.jpg

I'll ask Craig to try and find one for me. It must be a fairly recent book as that's the SR-007A...

i learned a lot from the test baguette. the loaf i baked tonight was pretty tasty, and the next couple (i have enough dough for two more loaves, in my freezer) should be even better. lots of fun making them, especially spraying water into a really hot oven at the end :)

You will get even better taste when you let them sit in the freezer. More natural sugar that way. :)

Do you preheat the oven to a high temp before you put the loaf in, then apply the water and lower the temp to the recommended baking temp? When we bake anything we preheat the oven by 30-50

the recipe i read called for heating the oven to 500, half an hour before baking, putting a pan of water on the bottom for steam, then baking at 500 for 12 minutes (with a spray of water on the loaf about a minute after it's put in the oven, and a couple sprays on the walls of the oven) and then turning the heat down to 400 and let it bake until it's golden brown and sounds hollow when thumped.

That sounds about right. Allowing the bread to sit in a bath of steam for the first minute and then straying it will increase the crust for extra crunchy goodness. :)

How does one ascertain that it isn't the SR-007BL from that picture?

The cable entry piece is wider on the SR-007A.

Bingo. The white marking beneath the earpiece is a dead giveaway.