Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Dude, you know the 3G just got announced, right? I mean, fortunately there's an upgrade path, but if it's only been a day or two, return it, and wait a month (it's due July 11th).

Now I'm confused. I thought the 3G was only for iphone. I know Apple likes to integrate their new stuff into their product line in a trickle down method, but also was under the impression that the ipod touch only gets wifi internet, because there is no service being paid for. So if that remains the case, why would they give away free 3G service to Touch users?

I'm sure I've overlooked some detail in typical aardvark sandwich fashion...what is it? ???

Dude, you know the 3G just got announced, right? I mean, fortunately there's an upgrade path, but if it's only been a day or two, return it, and wait a month (it's due July 11th).

Well its the touch and not the iphone so I'm not sure what new touches will be coming out soon. I did get it for a good price since it was open box plus I had a bunch of BB rewards from our TV purchase a while back.

is that the one modified by audiocats? Is the bottom an external power supply?

Yes it is. Audiocats is a great guy to work with. I am a big believer in the importance of power supplies and this mod has only made that belief stronger. This system has about as much bass now as the little SR-001/003 is capable of (based on comparison using an SR-003 on an ES-1).

Now I'm confused. I thought the 3G was only for iphone. I know Apple likes to integrate their new stuff into their product line in a trickle down method, but also was under the impression that the ipod touch only gets wifi internet, because there is no service being paid for. So if that remains the case, why would they give away free 3G service to Touch users?

I'm sure I've overlooked some detail in typical aardvark sandwich fashion...what is it? ???

I don't think you missed anything, I believe Dusty thought it was an iphone not an itouch.

51VSkBQvORL._SS500_.jpg

Looney Tunes Golden Collection Volume 5

I don't think you missed anything, I believe Dusty thought it was an iphone not an itouch.
That is correct, I thought it was an iPhone. (I've already been corrected on the 3G/iTouch difference.) The only thing I can think of that they might add is the GPS (they put a "real" one in the new iPhone), but I haven't heard even rumours to that conjecture, that is purely my own speculation. They don't have to, since the same operating system is going to be running on both versions of the iPhone, so they have to maintain the "triangulate from network and cell towers" artificial GPS functionality, but they could.

Yeah I've reinherited my Shuttle SN45G which I had as a second PC a few years back. I figure that with a few quid spent plus some spare pieces from other boxes it can do better than the Duron 1200/256/Nvidia Vanta that have been in it during the time my sister has used it. My main PC is in a Thermaltake Xaser 3 case so itll be nice to have a transportable PC again. I've got parts enough to cobble together 3 or 4 Socket A systems but I'd rather just have one half decent one.

Miles Davis- The Complete Bitches Brew Sessions

Miles Davis - The Complete On The Corner Sessions

John Coltrane- The Impulse Albums

Art Tatum- The Complete Pablo Solo Masterpieces

Lee Morgan- The Sidewinder