Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

I'm jealous Naaman, I stopped by my local store Friday only to be told that the Stagg they had on hand was a special order and already spoken for. >:(

I can get you one, Nate. Found a place that has all of the 2009 Antique Collection bottlings for $66 each. I was thinking of picking up the Stagg plus either the Weller or Eagle Rare. Opinions?

I can get you one, Nate. Found a place that has all of the 2009 Antique Collection bottlings for $66 each. I was thinking of picking up the Stagg plus either the Weller or Eagle Rare. Opinions?

Weller. I think it's comparable to the Stagg. I have the Eagle Rare and IMHO don't think it's all that great. The Thomas Handy is pretty good if you want a barrel strength rye.

No worries Stretch and thanks for the offer. Part of the appeal of the Stagg was the semi-insane ~$50 price. The cabinet is pretty well stocked right now so I should pass lest I give the missus an excuse to notice.

:)

's'truth. What's most funny is, I wasn't even thinking that my "shortlist" was "short" at all, I was just thinking in the colloquial. (A lot of British magazines end their reviews that such and such piece of gear -- if you're in the market for such and such category with such and such qualification -- should be on your short list.)