Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Going to pull the trigger tomorrow on a pair of Rogue Apollos. If I were a good boy I'd wait until I'd sold more gear, but since they'll probably take a while to build I should get the ball rolling...

DigiPete, those 6h30P-DR are gorgeous. My frikin' preamp eats 8 of those, so stock EH it is for me, for now :palm:

In terms of price/performance, the 35mm F/2 is the best lens in the entire EF lineup. It has better center sharpness than the $1000-more-expensive EF 35mm F/1.4L.

That's good to know. :)

Not that I will be getting any of them anytime soon as I want to grow (so to speak) with the 35mm, but any opinions on 50mm F/1.4 (or 1.8) or 85mm F/1.8?

That's good to know. :)

Not that I will be getting any of them anytime soon as I want to grow (so to speak) with the 35mm, but any opinions on 50mm F/1.4 (or 1.8) or 85mm F/1.8?

The EF 50mm F/1.8 Mk II is a cheap plastic toy. It is a "disposable lens" if you will. That said, it has less barrel distortion than the 50mm F/1.4. I own F/1.4 and while I don't love it, I use it all the time. The original Mk I 50mm F/1.8 is very similar in build quality to the 35mm F/2. It brings entirely too much on the used market, so personally I'd just buy the 50mm F/1.4 USM when you're ready to spend $350 on a lens.

The 85mm F/1.8 is a great piece of glass. It has some CA (chromatic aberration - purple fringing) wide open, but other than that it is an excellent performer. You're going to be stopping it down a bit to gain back some depth of field, anyway. As long as you never use the 85mm F/1.2L USM Godzilla, you will always love the 85 F/1.8. ;D