Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

My experience says most people do ok in those areas.  You just plan for it better.  You dress appropriately (flannel or quilted lining pants, sweaters, fleeces, etc), you start your car 5 minutes before going to it, so it's warmed up, etc.  It's just a matter of what you expect.  

Wait, what?  -25 to -32 celsius?  That's crazy.

Yup.  I'd see that and I'd be, "nope, time to move".  I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't mind the DC-area cold, but I don't think I could handle shivering uncontrollably for hours at a time.

That's the big advantage, as far as I'm concerned.  Low population density.

My experience says most people do ok in those areas.  You just plan for it better.  You dress appropriately (flannel or quilted lining pants, sweaters, fleeces, etc), you start your car 5 minutes before going to it, so it's warmed up, etc.  It's just a matter of what you expect.  

-35 Celsius this morning, made worse by wind.  I'll admit, we've been whining a bit lately.  Fuel efficiency in the car has dropped by 25%, and the kids are driving us crazy because we can't just toss them outside for an hour to burn off steam (I suppose people in cities have a hard time doing this anyway though, regardless of weather).

Edited by acidbasement

-35 Celsius this morning, made worse by wind.  I'll admit, we've been whining a bit lately.  Fuel efficiency in the car has dropped by 25%, and the kids are driving us crazy because we can't just toss them outside for an hour to burn off steam (I suppose people in cities have a hard time doing this anyway though, regardless of weather).

made worse by wind

Ok, now that is "ok, fuck this I'm moving" territory.

The snow started in earnest about 15 minutes ago.  The current forecast is calling for 10-14" mixed in with some sleet/freezing rain by late tomorrow

That latter part is the part that ends up making things suck on an absolutely level.  Snow makes people crazy in the DC area, but I can deal once it's cleared/salted/whatevered.  But icy conditions suck, I don't care if it's on top of the snow underneath.

• 2 weeks later...