Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

Crikey, it's 70 here today.  I had an off-island site visit this morning which made it particularly painful to come back to the office. 

Well in some neighborhoods out here the temperature ranged from 88 to 451 degrees.

397812_294820217318996_2126086099_n.jpg

• Like 1

We are fine now and thankfully all of our friends no property damage just a lot of burned out brush, most of the drama was from Friday. The firefighters are doing an awesome job containing the fire and with the cooler air and light rain we hopefully have turned the corner.  Friday was pretty hairy for a while there, one moment the fire was moving south west which is away from us then suddenly turned inland back towards us. My office has large windows facing north so all day long I am seeing moderately clear weather.  Then in the afternoon I am totally engrossed in reading some report and didn't notice that the sky had turned real smoky.  I get an email from my son's school saying that they are under a voluntary evacuation.  Shit!!!!  I pack up the proceed to lock my office up but when I enter the hallway it smells like I am inside someones BBQ smoker.  As I am driving west towards my son's school it is getting smokier and smokier and I can no longer see the mountains.  Double shit!!!!  But it all ends well because I pick up my youngest with no issues, then proceed to pick up my other son and by the time we arrive home the sky is clearing and we can hardly smell any smoke.  Great Friday drama! 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Forty five degrees which is warm by your standards but a seemingly endless 40 mph wind.  I am sure it gusted a few times to 45+mph which for you guys up north and across the pond would be 72.4kph .  At least the wind keeps the coyotes, spiders and snakes away so that is a plus.