What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fully expect you to recreate this patriot's outfit while at the World Cup after the big move.

_41798970_usa416.jpg

Felicitations Stretch and get back to your new home soon, dammit. Probably good you didn't go to Chicago because all your hard work might have been out the window, or over the balcony, as the case may be. :palm:

Scheduled a Wind Mitigation Inspection for tomorrow morning, hoping to lower my windstorm insurance for the year from $2700 to something like $1500. Keeping fingers crossed. My windstorm insurance is due tomorrow. My regular homeowners insurance is due next month, and flood the month after that (I have no idea how they got separated like that over the years), which should total about $4000. This also is just for basic content and walls etc., and not even great coverage, as the outside of the home is covered like a condo, even though they are separate units, under homeowner maintenance fees. I live about a mile from the ocean, so I get hit with understandable fees, but my place is only 1250 sq feet. Blech.

Currently becoming a US citizen beneath the somewhat stony gazes of Washington and Lincoln in Mechanics Hall in Worcester.

...in other news, the average height for males in the United States just went up slightly. Scientists are describing it as a statistical anomaly. ;D

...of course, that means I'm now statistically shorter...

Congrats Stretch! Tonight I will toast you with a glass of wine.

Actually I would toast anyone or anything with a glass of wine tonight since this is what I seem to be doing on a regular basis but now sems like as good a time as any to make this gesture, take it with a grain of salt. :D

Then it's back to Alaska for you.

yeah, it's not like Alaskans are real Americans, more like an odd appendages ;)

Don't make me call out the ADA on your asses! That's the Alaskan Dyke Association for those not in the know, and those are some tough customers.

Yay Stretch!!!