What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spend 2 hours on the phone yesterday and few hours today straightening out 6 unauthorized withdrawals in UK, from my checking account. :( Some scambag stole my card info and pin number apparently in one of the "fake" ATM machines. Whet kills me it that I am very careful with this kinds of stuff and use only bank ATMs. Next week is going to suck for me when it comes to getting cash...

I've been working on the back half of my property recently, trying to raccoon-proof a couple outbuildings. I got out of the shower this morning and found a tick on myself. I just removed it. I've had Lyme disease twice before, and it is not fun. FML.
Yeezh.
Started updating my resume and profiles at various social networking sites. Looks like my job is going to be significantly less satisfying going forward after the transition to the new contractor, so it's time to explore other possibilities.
Yeezh. (Yes, saw your later posts, I still say, 'yeezh' that it even got that far.)
Popping the question?
Yeezh. ;)

Quite right you are Gene. Pretty sure I'm already in love but I'm not sure either of us are ready for that.

Thanks Vicki. :)

Whatever you do don't put too much pressure on yourself or the relationship. A lot of my early relationships in life would have gone a lot easier if I'd just chilled the eff out.

Spend 2 hours on the phone yesterday and few hours today straightening out 6 unauthorized withdrawals in UK, from my checking account. :( Some scambag stole my card info and pin number apparently in one of the "fake" ATM machines. Whet kills me it that I am very careful with this kinds of stuff and use only bank ATMs. Next week is going to suck for me when it comes to getting cash...

That is a real bummer. Those faked reader slots that the organised crime guys stick on ATM's are pretty much undetectable. They just come along after a day or two and prise it off with all the data recorded in it. Major inconvenience while waiting for new cards to be issued.

Happened to us twice - both times in restaurants. Never again.

i woke up this morning fully recovered from CanJam. it was nice. it had been a while since i had had a three day sleep debt.

It's nice to hear someone was more hungover than me.....I felt like shit both Sunday and all of Monday and didn't have another drop of alcohol till last night.

That is a real bummer. Those faked reader slots that the organised crime guys stick on ATM's are pretty much undetectable. They just come along after a day or two and prise it off with all the data recorded in it. Major inconvenience while waiting for new cards to be issued.

Happened to us twice - both times in restaurants. Never again.

At least my bank is being good about it so far and acting very fast, reissuing new card, refunding the money etc.

Whatever you do don't put too much pressure on yourself or the relationship. A lot of my early relationships in life would have gone a lot easier if I'd just chilled the eff out.

You're right on Nate, been told this a few times in the past but it can be difficult to remain chill when I tend to be very compulsive. She is the same way so I think that works well for us.

WTF? Sand dancing is awesome! I do it at least once a week. Keep the twirls to a minimum though, they look at you funny.

Who is "they"? It's not us, we always look at you funny.

@aura - good luck!

@grawk - Glad that work is OK after all. I suggest that you update your resume now anyway. It's always easier to do when there is no pressure to get it done quickly.

@reks - I slept 10 hours last night. I think that I might be caught up. I wanted breakfast at 6, but was nice enough not to call you until 8:45. :chair:

Thanks folks. Not popping the question, way too early for that, but it's an important stop enroute to that destination.

She's an absolute keeper, of this I am sure.

Great news! She's a lucky girl too. You're a great guy, just give her that killer smile of yours and she'll be putty in your hands. :)

Started to disassemble everything. It's taking a bit too long, so need to trim it down, but at least I got it rollin'. I've only gotten as far as 0f. 05 the previous iteration.

I hate code that doesn't work as one would expect it to -- disassemble_info.insn_type in libopcodes is just such code.

found a bug in the code my team developed that has the possibility to have affected millions of dollars of delivered work and currently have no money/time to figure out how much it really affected anything. I'm so livid that this wasn't found earlier by me or others. FML. At least I know why things haven't been working for the last 6 weeks.

Tomorrow I get to go and explain this to my customer and hopefully not get yelled at too loudly since we have probably burned through a small fortune finding said bug.

I wonder what percentage of the 3 well wishers are married? They do say misery loves company ... ;) Welcome to the club of the mostly happily married! Oops, if "she who must be obeyed" read this I would be dead.

Came home to find the elevators out and after climbing the stairs found the majority of my electronics to be non-functional. The unit in my TV rack is showing Overvoltage and it seems to be dead but I am hoping it died protecting the gear.

The big BPT conditioner in my main rack is dead so I am going to have to test each of those pieces to see what survived.