What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hooked up the new GS-1 and played lots of music through it. ;D

Can now finally give the HF-1s a fair shake. Once I stop listening to the Quads. It sounds grrreat as a preamp.

A little custom woodworking, a few new cables and the office system may even feel secure enough to poke its nose into the "post a pic of your rig" thread.

got my heat fixed; yelled at a canadian manager; got yelled at by a canadian manager; went to work; got assigned a new "mission-critical death-march project" (my specialty) due end of january...

Management want it "real bad", huh? I hope that they understand that's what they'll get. :palm:

Woke up, helped rearrange our living room, put up our artificial tree for the holidays, went to my grandfathers, ate some food, was forced to say goodbye to my teen years and hello to the twenties (apparently there's no say in the matter :/).

Overall, a pretty average Thanksgiving. Which is still better than most days out of the whole year.

Woke up, helped rearrange our living room, put up our artificial tree for the holidays, went to my grandfathers, ate some food, was forced to say goodbye to my teen years and hello to the twenties (apparently there's no say in the matter :/).

Overall, a pretty average Thanksgiving. Which is still better than most days out of the whole year.

don't worry, the twenties are great until you turn 22, then you are just old and shit and no one will sleep with you anymore. :eek:

Today? Blah. How bout the last four fricken months?

3065883891_cd76f582f3_b.jpg

This thing ate my life. And my savings (and my life savings.) Not so much the windows, per se, which I got for under $300, but the months long process of removing the old (1967 vintage) window and door, re-routing the electrical and plumbing in the wall (I have forced hot water heating and of course there was a pipe right in the way) and making the new windows fit. They also had to repair the mud sill (where the house frame meets the foundation) and some supports in the basement, and of course redo the insulation inside the walls and replace the siding outside. Yesterday marked the first day that I had all of my living room available to me since sometime in early September. The blue tarps outside are covering some of the contractor's supplies, which he will have removed by the end of next week, or I will be decorating the top of my shiny new window with his freshly removed skull. :indra: