What did you do today?

riceboy

This is what I did on Sat. Good times.

I used to play that game 15+ years ago. It was a nice break after spending too much time arguing over Magic. Today the only game I play is SJG's Illuminati: New World Order.

Today I took the Spaniel's advice, sort-of. I'm catching a 5PM ferry tomorrow, instead of a 1PM boat today.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The days are long, but the years are short. :)

True dat. Last Friday I went to my *little* girl's 8th Grade play, and they did an incredible modern take on Romeo and Juliet set in SF. I sat there thinking that in the very same auditorium I had *just* seen her give her first kindergarten concert with the teacher showing off their singing and xylophone skills. On Wednesday, she graduates and will be in high school by August. Man, do I feel like she is slipping away. . .

For more perspective on the long haul, however, last night my family celebrated my dad's 87th birthday at his favorite Mexican restaurant. The staff came out singing and served him a shot of tequila, which he knocked off in two slugs even though he doesn't really drink at all. My mom, 4 of 6 children, and 8 of 17 grandkids also were in attendance. Things change, but luckily they stay the same too.

Oh yeah, and happy first birthday beautiful Lily!

Held Lily's first birthday party. I'm pretty sure I'm in completely denial that it's already been a year...

I hope Lily had a happy birthday, and congrats to you (any your wife) on making it for the year! My oldest son's first year seemed like an eternity to me; second child it flew by, go figure.

Went to a friend's wake, then to work. About to get ready to leave. Such a shame, he was just starting to live. 21 is way too early.

I'm fortunate enough to not have dealt with that yet. My condolences to his family, and you.

The worst wake I ever had to do was for my friend's little brother. I wasn't close to the brother, but you can't help but weep when you walk up to an open coffin with a 6 year old boy in it. My understanding is the family still doesn't actually know what happened, he just died in his sleep. Such a shame.

I wish I had some real buddies to play Catan with. :D

Yeah it was a good time. I ended up with 8 VPs, which I was happy with because I got to pick last at the start. I've only played a handful of times but I love it.

Boy do I miss MTG also. I used to play 12 or so years ago.

Discussed the general concept with clients that they might want to familiarize themselves with the terms of a contract for $300k before they just go ahead and sign it. And that maybe they'd like to get some legal comments so that the contract doesn't just provide for us getting the shaft. My guess is that this is what they heard, "blah blah blah..." all in the Charlie Brown teacher voice.

I finally got iPod connectivity in my car. Hooray!

(Yes, Nate, remember when I asked you about that? I've been dealing with an FM transmitter ever since just before then. :palm: )

As a matter of fact I do. :) I'm stuck using a tape adapter in my car for now. That's not as bad as it sounds since most of what I listen to is audio books which generally sound like 96kbps mp3s anyway.

I tiled a shower in 7/8" mosaic tiles, one at a time!

I used Blues and Blue Greens in an ocean wave pattern. "Oh yeah, that'll be a piece of cake".

Me and my big mouth!

The bottom was done with sand colored mosaic tiles, and I used my scroll saw to cut out shells from hand painted square tiles, then placed them randomly on the "beach".

It did turn out awesome, but was about 3 times the labor involved I originally thought.