What did you do today?

riceboy

That should have been TC-150. I looked better at the deck and it is a CT-150.

BTW, the "CT-150" in the post you quoted is a typo. The unit I now have is a "TC-150".

I was really tired yesterday and see that I made two mistakes in the original and only corrected one of them. The Sony tape deck is a "TC-350". Duh. :basement:

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats!!! And please elaborate, I guess that's a fun reading ;D

I stood up too soon, after the capping, before the hood was placed round my head, managed to salvage it into what hopefully passed for some kind of shuffle though. Dad got it all on film. I'll wait to see what the footage has to say.

St. Andrews has gone Gangtsa ?

obama%20cap%20in%20yo%20ass.jpg

One could only but wish that ones comtemporaries might invagle a sense of street vivality into the pompous, proposterous, pretentious, pointless, bombastic, outdated, outmoded, stodgy, stolid, unimaginative, hesitant and overceremonial procedings of the procession of the conferment of graduation upon us all.

That said, I was the only male graduate in Social Anthropology, and one of a surprisingly small proportion who were in proper kilt attire rather than suited.

As long as it still counts!

Congrats!

Indeed. And thank you!

:prettyprincess: @ Duggeh!

:D;)

Congrats!

Thank you squire.

Congratulations Doug. Could you please explain what "2:1" means for this ignorant colonial?

"Good enough, but not great."

I mean to improve upon this.

congrats duggeh! I would recommend taking some time to travel and relax for a bit before settling into a job. I graduated in 07 and have been working since and I regret not taking a month or two off before starting my job.

It's an M.Res for me next year (fingers crossed), and hopefully a Ph.D after that.......

congrats doug!

Thank you old boy.

Hoppy gave you the basics, much more details here: British undergraduate degree classification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Congratulations on your achievement, Douglas. Now you can go out and celebrate. :) Properly. ;)

I spent the afternoon in a sort of semi-awkward celebration with various lecturers, classmates and wider graduating fellows. Then got run back home over the hill whereafter we went to my local, had a few excellent ales, went over the road to the Crusoe for dinner, waited for too long, and evetually I stormed out saying it was a joke and they needed sent a clear fucking message about being shit and went up the hill to put the oven on for pizza.

The pizza was good.

Thereafter I've had a few bevvies more, and logged in here.

Celebrations with mates are tomo evening. And the ball is Friday.

I'm sore from wearing a formal kilt attire for 13 hours.

I tried a new semi-gloss clear spraypaint as my final finish for my sub (last spray turned out to be incompatible and caused cracking of the paint) and it also caused cracking :palm: I'm giving up on spray paint for the final top coat and will just use brush-on poly. Well over 20 coats of paint on the sub....I'm at the point where I just want it done.

Friday:

Had to pick up wine in Lompoc. Fungi (Hiroshi) was waiting around for his Sunday plane flight with nothing to do, so I gave him a tour of northern Santa Barbara county. Took Hwy 1010 to Hwy 1 and then to Lompoc. After a bit of searching, we found the warehouse and picked up the wine. Then we took Hwy 246 to Solvang and then Alamo Pintado road north. We drove past the miniature horses and on to Los Olivos. We did a wine tasting at Longoria Vineyards. Then we headed back to Isla Vista and Hiroshi's apartment, where I dropped him off. Right now he's on a plane to Tokyo.

I hope you had a good time Hiroshi. Good luck with your job hunt in Japan.

Yesterday:

My brother, sisters and I opened my dad's storage locker. It hadn't been opened for 8 years. The lock was difficult to open and it took a tire iron to force open the sliding bolt. At least we know that nobody has messed with it. :P

We took the stuff to my dad's house and went through it. As expected, it was mostly junk. However, there were a few unexpected treasures. There was a 1940 or 1950 era newpaper photographer's camera. There was also a Nikonos skin diving camera. My father bought the later in Japan while we were stationed on Guam (6/65 - 6/67). My brother took those.

The treasure that I found is a Sony reel-to-reel tape deck. I think it's a CT-150, but am not sure. It says "Stereo 150" on it. My dad also bought it while we were on Guam (I think). I don't know if it works, but it is physically in excellent shape so we'll see.

Anyway, I'm glad that's done. Best of all, there were zero fights over anything. :)

Definitely a good time. In the hectic mess of move out, that "vacation" was perfect. I'd never actually been driving around SB so it was nice to have seen some sights (and just the places in general). Thanks again Ken :)

Jesus, still?!?!? That sucks. They owe you.

Here's what has happened thus far -

We were supposed to leave Boston at 10:40 am. The flight gets delayed multiple times due to mechanical and weather issues involving Boston and Chicago (from where our plane was flying). We finally depart Boston around 3:20 pm. About 10-20 minutes away from Denver, DIA puts us on holding pattern due to weather condition in Denver. We stay on holding pattern for 40 minutes or so when the captain tells us that we are heading to Lincoln, NE since we're running out of fuel and DIA won't let us land yet. We arrive at Lincoln (7.00 pm CDT) and find out that we need a new flight crew since the ones that had been flying are at their daily flight limit or something. Now we get to wait until 10.30 pm (CDT) for the new flight crew to take us to Denver. I'll believe it when my two feet are actually touching the ground of Denver.

They (United) are giving us all a $250 coupon for our next flight we book with them within US in the next year. They're also putting us up in a hotel in Denver tonight (a lot of folks were flying to San Diego with layover in Denver) but I'll see if they'll instead pay for our cab fare as we already have a place to stay in Boulder.

One silver lining is that there was a chance we would still be at home, trying to reschedule another flight tomorrow - I found out our flight was the last flight to leave from Boston today as they shut down Logan Airport since VP was flying in to Boston.

Edited by Salt Peanuts