What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drove to Long Beach this morning to pick up the Transfiguration Spirit cartridge. I couldn't stay long, but a couple kinda interesting things:

He mentioned currently owning over 100 different cartridges :o

He asked me what turntable, arm, phonostage, amp, pre amp and cables I'd be pairing it with. Never asked me what speakers. :palm:

When I told him I use monoprice cables, he talked almost the entire time about all kinds of speaker cables, interconnects, and digital cables that I need to buy.

He had the VR4's and it was my first time listening to them (only a few minutes though). They sounded pretty good, but imaging seemed a bit hazy. That might have something to do with him BLASTING the music though. I'm starting to think I listen to music really, really low because everytime somebody shows me their speaker rig the music is uncomfortably loud and most of the times I picked up a set of headphones at CanJam (in which the volume wasn't turned down all the way after listening by the previous user) the volume was really loud. Actually, Jude said I listen at lower levels than steveo (I believe that's his name) which some people couldn't believe.:D

On Daddy Duty while Mrs. Monkey just won a kindle at CES.

We live in dangerous times here in the Monkey household. Mrs. Monkey is at CES and has been showing an increased interest in all things audio. I gave her a pair of triple.fi's and she was listening to the Stax rig the other day. And she's damn good at articulating differences between sources. All of this is good because a) I just think it's cool that she gets the hobby and B) it's something she can enjoy, too. However, with this increased interest and her presence at CES comes something bad: price awareness, and sensitivity thereto.

However, with this increased interest and her presence at CES comes something bad: price awareness, and sensitivity thereto.

Oh Oh. That never bodes well. :palm:

My gun buying habits changed once my bride discovered what they cost. I've become quite adept at side stepping the cost question. Not too early to learn effective deflection techniques.

We live in dangerous times here in the Monkey household. Mrs. Monkey is at CES and has been showing an increased interest in all things audio. I gave her a pair of triple.fi's and she was listening to the Stax rig the other day. And she's damn good at articulating differences between sources. All of this is good because a) I just think it's cool that she gets the hobby and B) it's something she can enjoy, too. However, with this increased interest and her presence at CES comes something bad: price awareness, and sensitivity thereto.

you're killing independent dinny, worlds are colliding.

Woke up late and a little hung over from a night out. Rode 33miles on my bike trainer setting a new PR on the course I did. Meaghan and I then took a dip in the hot tub in sub freezing temperatures which was lots of fun now that we have suitable robes. Ate lunch.

Now I am resting up for a "Max Power" torture session on the trainer again to find out my max HR and functional threshold power.

Freezing our butts off. It's after noon and the widget on my screen says it's 39 degrees. This is not proper sub-tropical weather!

Our house is relatively new, so it has heat. I can't imagine what it's like for the people who don't have it. Just huddle around class-A amps, I guess

Yeah, we had a high of 33 the other day and a low in the low 20's three nights in a row. Not fun in Houston. I had to find my neighbor yesterday to let them know that one of their pipes had busted from the overnight freeze and was flooding the street. :eek: Cannot wait for it to get above 50 again!