What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today sucked. Found some busted PVC piping for the sprinkler system in the backyard. A small tree has been growing undetected for some time right where the pipes are and its roots finally cracked those pipes open. Dug the tree up, shoveled around the pipes and drained water for about 4 hours, then drove down to the local Home Depot and grabbed some new PVC tubes, endcaps, primer and epoxy and began work. Leaks are sealed for the temporary, but I will be needing to hacksaw the tubes back open to reattach the actual valves that broke off in the first place.:palm: This kind of diy is not fun.:D

Thanks guys. So far the pr

Didn't exactly do it today, but did this a few days ago. My brother and I, both first timers, bungee jumped 710ft (@ 70++ mph) down from this bridge (Bloukrans Bridge) while I was in South Africa.

That's a truck there right in the center of the bridge for scale; the jumping platform is just underneath it. The best part of of the jump, to me, was when I was just hanging there upside down in mid air and looking back up at the bridge. It was eerily silent and calm except for the sound of the wind. :)

Awesome shit! :o

bloukransbridge00114794.jpg

Heh. :)

You know, the worst part of it all was actually the initial 1 second right after leaving the platform when the weightless feeling kicks in.

Didn't feel (much) fear before the actual jump, even when I was standing at the edge of the platform with my toes over the edge, it wasn't too bad. Then came the actual jump, the initial 1 second of the jump... that was the worst feeling ever! I was thinking " OMG SHIT FUCK! What the fuck! What da fuck did I just do? "

I literally screamed " ffffffffffffffffuuuuuuu! " due to sheer terror... :o

Then, the flight down was actually fun.

Here is some random dude doing the same jump.

Heh. :)

You know, the worst part of it all was actually the initial 1 second right after leaving the platform when the weightless feeling kicks in.

Didn't feel (much) fear before the actual jump, even when I was standing at the edge of the platform with my toes over the edge, it wasn't too bad. Then came the actual jump, the initial 1 second of the jump... that was the worst feeling ever! I was thinking " OMG SHIT FUCK! What the fuck! What da fuck did I just do? "

I literally screamed " ffffffffffffffffuuuuuuu! " due to sheer terror... :o

Then, the flight down was actually fun.

Here is some random dude doing the same jump.

Nucking Futs!

Just finished filing 2009 taxes. It's the first time we filed jointly so I hope I did everything right.

We are keeping the cabinets as is for now. We will refinish in darker wood at the end of the year. We decided the cabinets don't look so bad with the granite and hopefully better once the back splash is in. We will probably do laminate in the kitchen over the tile. I hate the tile more than the cabinets.

Flew to my Mom's house for a week. Both kids have been sick for our whole trip so far. My son puked in every trash can at Cape Town airport this morning. Traveling with children is such a joy! :facepalm:

Theres a video of me when I was 5-ish when my parents took me on a business trip to hawaii. 4 hours of me puking everywhere

On another note, hung out with Dusty and Justin yesterday. :D

Watched thomas play his ass off in a losing effort against a much better team this morning. They came really close, but got jobbed by the refs. Now they're out causing trouble int he hotel while I hide in my room and pretend to not know what's going on.