What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming that there wasn't a huge spike I would think that anything that was turned off would probably be ok. The fact that the outlets are still that high is beyond my comprehension, something must have gone way wrong somewhere.

edit: I also wonder if this might go along ways towards explaining your bad luck with fridges? I've always been told that they, as an appliance, are not very tolerant of fluctuating line voltage.

Isn't Bryan a little young for you to be flirting with him so hard?

:P

Well I thought about saying "You poor ugly bastard, you're just fucked, crawl in a hole", But decided to give the little shit some hope to cling to. :P

Damn Jeff, just caught the news. Total fucking bummer. Fingers crossed that the gear survived!

Edited by swt61

Jeff ... Al and Dinny are serving papers to ConEd now. Sorry to hear of that nasty homecoming, hope it is not as bad as it first seemed after getting sorted out.

138V? That IS a bit warm. Maybe you get to see how valid all that $100,000 equipment protection claims on those power conditioners are.

Took a walk through a non touristy part of Edinburgh with the family, bought a chunk of cheddar cheese and some baguettes and sat in a park and ate. Last night went on a cool ghost tour which ended in a local pub at about midnight. Had a couple of pints and we were back at the hotel by 1 am.

You shave your legs so that when you crash you don't have hair growing through the scabs.

Yup and so that your cycling bib shorts no longer rip your frigging leg hairs out. Well and also it's part of the rules: The Rules

I did for the first time last weekend (took forever) but it grows back fast.

Edited by Dreadhead

Went out for karaoke last night, good times. Though I didn't sing on stage, that is a bad idea.

Last day of students today! :) I'm going to have a lot of free time unless I can find a new part time job.

Fingers crossed Jeff, find out who is responsible even if you have to control some heads.

Jeff, is there a way that you can record and time stamp those voltage readings?

Not with my crappy little meter. I think I have figured out the issue. The fact that the elevator and hot water system were down when I got home lead me to believe that they shut down to protect against the hi voltage. I am sure at least the elevator will record this voltage issue in the system so I might have that.

I have one phase that is working fine in the house while the other is the crazy one so it would have to be at the transformer and effecting everyone but no one else has the fancy monitoring equipment to tell them that things are not right. When I lift this morning no one from the electric company, plumber or elevator contractors had shown up but I assume they will figure this out fairly quickly.

Jeff,

If it were me I'd plug said crappy meter into an outlet and take a picture of the voltage and the exif data in the camera will record the date and time. The elevator may have shut itself down, the hotwater could be simply toast although that would be odd since I'd expect most electric hot water heaters to be running off 240VAC. What really boggles the mind is how part of your apartment is fine. Do you have a sub-panel in your apartment or is it located in a mechanical room somewhere else?

Y

I did for the first time last weekend (took forever) but it grows back fast.

Get used to shaving everyday in the shower. It just becomes part of the morning routine. Of course, waxing is another way to go, and is not nearly as painful as people make it out to be, and you might enjoy a beautiful woman spreading hot wax on you then ripping it off. Hard to tell. It lasts longer, but can get pricey at better salons. Then there's laser removal. That hurts like hell in sensitive areas, is very pricey, but permanent and worth it if you don't like hassle, and actually pays off in the long run imo.

My god, finally something I'm an expert on in this forum. :laugh:

Yup and so that your cycling bib shorts no longer rip your frigging leg hairs out. Well and also it's part of the rules: The Rules

And according to my high school physics teacher...... if you come off the bike the hair increases friction with the road. Little chunks of skin can get torn out with each hair.