Rockhopper Audio Balanced Beta 22

postjack

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now I'm using an HD650 with Enigma Oracle cable. In a word, the amp sounds marvelous, easily exceeding my expectations. Smooth, detailed, powerful. Really brings out the sometimes hazy midrange of the HD650. Huge midrange, startlingly focused "center channel" (like the way vocals often are in the mix).

One of the first things I thought upon hearing the amp is how amazing it would sound with a balanced HP2. Of course it helps I heard a balanced beta22 with a balanced HP2 at Canjam. :)

I listened with my HF-1 single ended and it sounded great as well.

What gain is the amp set at, if you don't mind me asking?

Good question, thats something I wanted to touch on. Its set for a gain of 2/4. I was worried this wouldn't be enough to power higher impedance phones like Senns, but with my HD650 it gives me plenty of volume swing. Only a crazy person would max out the volume knob on Senns with this gain. I imagine with a power hungry phone like the K340 one would want to step up the gain to the next level, but for my purposes 2/4 is perfect.