Grado HF-2 thread

Cankin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I sold my SR-225 in preparation (I kind of knew I was getting them if they didn't come out sounds like SR-325i), but had to wait to know that I wouldn't regret it when I saw the pictures and first impressions. I'm happy, it compliments my M^3 and reviews make me feel it is probably more up my alley then an RS1.

I know you said you're not gonna woody it if had metal cups but... :jacob:

Like I said, it deserves more consideration. I've already got a set of cups to go on them so it wouldn't take much to give them a spin as a set of woodys. But I'll probably wait until they've got 100hrs on them or more to see how they sit with me and Mr. Menace.

I'm having some cognitive dissonance. Right now with flats, I find the HF-2's bass a little too thick -- and with bowls the presentation is too remote for me. At this point, I'd still pick the HF-1s for my Grado fix. We'll see if things change with use and familiarization.

I'm having some cognitive dissonance. Right now with flats, I find the HF-2's bass a little too thick -- and with bowls the presentation is too remote for me. At this point, I'd still pick the HF-1s for my Grado fix. We'll see if things change with use and familiarization.

Keep us posted. I'm still on the fence about the HF-2 partly because I had a love-hate relationship with my HF-1s. But I could definitely go for a slightly more remote midrange. Is it the midrange or highs that are remote? I'd be interested in any other comments you have about the HF-1 vs. HF-2 as well.