JH Audio stuffs

atothex

I'm still stuck on the whole balanced portable concept. Why go balanced IEMS and amp when the source isn't? Am I missing something?

I'll watch the morons get all spun up for entertainment but I'm not changing my Slim pre-order :)

You also increase the noise floor, and the volume control becomes more of an issue as attenuation is decreased.

As for improving control over the drivers a start would be to get away from using rail splitters as the ground.

I could see it in DACs where the output of the quality DAC chips is already balanced and then currently it has to be converted to single ended. Remove that stage and connect the headphones balanced.

With a DAC on board then it would make perfect sense to offer a balanced output with a digital volume control. Simply slapping on a phase splitter (which are not all created equal) seems like a terrible idea to me.

I was thinking this too but I looked around and couldn't find a portable source for the DAC.

Quick impressions, after that I'll need to go work a bit:

- I'll never deal again with UPS unless I'm forced to.

- I was worried about having to send them for refit after reading many stories here, but it turns about the fit is about perfect. Let's say 100% perfect for left ear and 98% for right ear, but I'm splitting hairs. I tried to break the seal by doing different facial movements, but I just can't. Comfort is great.

- I'll try to do a proper review sometimes in the next few weeks, but all that's been said about these IEMs so far is true and I'm just using them out of a Sansa Clip+ right now. Smooth sound all across the frequency spectrum, never harsh and very detailed. Impressive soundstage.

- Burn-in: they really opened up after 12 minutes and 45 seconds.

Quick impressions, after that I'll need to go work a bit:

- I'll never deal again with UPS unless I'm forced to.

- I was worried about having to send them for refit after reading many stories here, but it turns about the fit is about perfect. Let's say 100% perfect for left ear and 98% for right ear, but I'm splitting hairs. I tried to break the seal by doing different facial movements, but I just can't. Comfort is great.

- I'll try to do a proper review sometimes in the next few weeks, but all that's been said about these IEMs so far is true and I'm just using them out of a Sansa Clip+ right now. Smooth sound all across the frequency spectrum, never harsh and very detailed. Impressive soundstage.

- Burn-in: they really opened up after 12 minutes and 45 seconds.

That moment at 12m45s is just a pseudo break in. They will quickly drop off and take another 32d4h13m7s to sound their best.

It looks like someone bought up all of the mail connectors for iems for Ray's little amp. Someone think they have a business plan or is Ray full of it.

Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio - View Single Post - The first balanced ultra-portable headphone amp in the world....