Apple Tablet

Weird. I'm home now and was surprised that post even went through. The only thing that stopped me from buying one on the spot was how damn slow it was a loading site, and head-case was the worst, just freezing other than the homepage. Best Buy said their Internet was slow, but the wireless was fine with the laptops. Very cool little toy.

weird - i think my itunes version on my desktop needs to be updated or something, as my laptop has the recent itunes version and the desktop does not. Well that will work out if so. Thanks.

It's a feature!

On May 19, 2010, at 10:17 AM, xxxxxxx wrote:

Steve,

I

Weird. I'm home now and was surprised that post even went through. The only thing that stopped me from buying one on the spot was how damn slow it was a loading site, and head-case was the worst, just freezing other than the homepage. Best Buy said their Internet was slow, but the wireless was fine with the laptops. Very cool little toy.

Mine loads sites pretty quickly, even with 3G.

PS: Re: Hopstretch's post - I wrote an email to Steve yesterday and didn't get any response.

Apple Acknowledges iPad Wi-Fi Issues | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

Apparently. Yeah I need to go in my router and try to take care of that...though I can't figure out the life of me what the username and password is :palm:

EDIT: "Fixed" it by going to network settings on ipad. reset, rest network settings. Who knows...its working now...

Edited by recstar24

Vicki... you should buy one. I don't know which size or 3G/Wifi, but I think you'd like it. In your case, 16 gig Wifi or 3G would probably be the best. I figure maybe 16gig 3G, then when you fall in love and decide you want the new one next year with all the cameras/even more fun stuff, go for the 64/128 3/4G + 1080p camera one they'll put on/in it. Just go pick it up on your way home. I think it really will be great for what you do.

**BRENT**

If anyone wants to throw out a case rec before I hit up best buy tonight I would appreciate it.

In case you didn't have any luck, I've become a big fan of...

For those wanting to go cheap on a Belkin Grip Vue-like case and willing to take a chance on headphone plug holes, generally fitting, etc. found the below:

PCMICROSTORE APPLE IPAD TPU CRYSTAL SKIN CASE - CLEAR WAVE DESIGN / PCMicroStore.com

Use code "IPAD30OFF" to drop it to $15 w/ free shipping. $35 less than the Belkin. Ordered one tonight so can report back.

The apple case and especially the camera dock are like rare species around here. When I mention them the sales reps get real silent and creepy like they've seen a ghost. Didn't think they would be such a hot commodity.
That means that, as a group, they stole/bought them and are selling them on eBay at a small profit.

Headcase makes me spend money.

Ryan, congrats on the iPad! For me, the usage of the iPad has expanded well beyond its original intended uses. it's pretty much assimilated into my life in just 2 1/2 weeks. Hit the app store for some free or cheap apps, pick up some free books and magazines, and I bet your iPad will become a bunch of things you didn't even expect! Also curious if you picked up that sheet music app?

edit

oops! I see from the apps thread that you got forscore. Glad you like it!

Edited by jvlgato