The analog thread.

Hopstretch

Well it would seem most prudent for any business owner  wishing to enter this segment to hedge their bets and develop a music download branch as well.  After all they have to license the music to produce the vinyl, why not the downloads as well? If supply of quality vinyl remains constrained and demand continues to be strong then eventually the price of vinyl will rise to the level that demand drops off precipitously because people can no longer afford those prices which in turn will leave the new vinyl business stuck with manufacturing assets with no resale market for those assets and plummeting vinyl sales/revenue.

so you're saying this is obama's fault?

• 1 month later...

Just picked up a Rega Planar 3 as my first table for what seems like a good price (the Pro-ject Carbon is ~$550 here), but I'm a bit nervous about the tonearm/cart-- it's a Grace, maybe 747? Here's the original classified

Anyone know if the tonearm is any good? For whatever it's worth, it seems to be a pretty common "upgrade." The stylus is in dubious condition, so I may replace the cart if it isn't anything special. I'll be recabling it to balanced.

Edited by PretentiousFood

Very interesting news!

Back to the Grace arm on Pretentious Food's Rega 3, that looks like a G707, which was a low mass fixed headshell arm that Linn used to put on their LP12 turntables before they developed their own Ittok arm.  It's a very good arm, I used one on a modified AR-XA turntable, then on a modern AR turntable which I eventually sold to my sister.  As far as I know she still has it and it's still making music.      

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...