And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I traveled to a friends for a get together to play Catan and stay the night to be in Raleigh in the morning. I went to the coffee shop in the AM for food and caffienne where a large group of fifty and sixty year olds made me feel old with their passionate arguments about movies and the extremely small fontsize on their laptops. Then I went to a free homebrewing class at noon. Then I went to homebrewed Raleigh for food and three hours of homebrew tastings. When I left, I was talking in front of the courthouse with a lady who was having hard times while watching a bridal party taking pictures. Soon, the grooms party came after the bride left and it suddenly started raining. I said goodbye to the lady and gave her the half a soft pretzel I had with me. The grooms party was worried about the rain and looking for a way to get to the church, so we all piled into my truck and got them there. I missed the homebrewers panel, but on the way back I called home and told my mother that I was planning to resign from teaching and making new plans. I'm enjoying a nice beverage now, it has been a surreal day.

Cool, Jim!

Chris, I know I'm out of shape, but didn't think I was that out of shape. We did two different programs, the first was a seven-mile steady hill as a warm up. There were two other guys in the group with me. i was so far behind, they couldn't wait for me to finish the course because they needed to start another. It was a six-mile something-or-another used for time trial training. I also didnt' finish before they started up with another one. I didn't do that one. I was toast.

Dang I'm screwed then, glad to see you survived the session

Successfully replaced the blown tweeter on my AV123 X-SLS speaker (using the "new" Weller soldering station). Guess I'll use these with my old Marantz reciever in the bedroom and take the Audioengine 5 to the office.

Where did you get a replacement? Also when can I send you KGSSHV parts so you can build me one?

Took a very frustrating ride today.

1. Last night discovered that after a long ride this week I'd developed a flat.

2. This morning, went to get going, iPod battery dead, no tunes.

3. The bike was shifting like shit the whole ride. All I can figure is that I bumped something while changing the tire last night. The bike had been shifting a bit off for a few weeks...

4. Despite the shifting issues I was making good time on my ~17mi loop when I hit a big hill, downshifted, decided to pop up off the saddle for a bit only to have the chain jump the rear cassette and lodge itself between the first cog and the wheel. Thankfully I didn't crash. A few minutes of cursing, bloody fingers and grease everywhere and I was going again. But the shifting was even worse and nearly unbearable. So I decided in a last ditch effort to salvage the final three miles I'd try adjusting the cable tension and see if it helped (based on the advice of friend) and viola, blissful precise shifts returned. I don't know wtf happened but I'm glad the issue is gone (for now).

5. I'm a bit pissed to not get to see what my time/avg. speed would have been given that I had to stop twice and completely dismount and still managed 15.6mph.

142821998.jpg

Nate sorry you had issues on the ride. I would recommend inserting some jagwire fine tune adjusters in your cables up by the handlebars to be able to fix such issues without dismounting. You can get them as parts of kits from other manufacturers but jagwire is the only one that sells them by themselves that I could find. You might not have the wheel seated right which fucks the indexing.

Where did you get a replacement? Also when can I send you KGSSHV parts so you can build me one?

Anytime... as long as you don't mind if it blows up or catches on fire when you turn it on. ;)

Good news on the tweet replacement Shelly....Colin, she got it (them?) from Sean Parque at SkiingNinja.com.....

This.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Edited by shellylh

Nice pics, Mike.

Scott, what are you going to do post teaching?

Nate, you just posted my fear. Other than a flat tire, I have no idea how to fix anything that could go wrong. At least I only ride in areas where other riders frequent.

Congrats on the car, Dan!

I just watched the Panthers smoke the Devils. Fun fun.

Nate sorry you had issues on the ride. I would recommend inserting some jagwire fine tune adjusters in your cables up by the handlebars to be able to fix such issues without dismounting. You can get them as parts of kits from other manufacturers but jagwire is the only one that sells them by themselves that I could find. You might not have the wheel seated right which fucks the indexing.

Thanks for the advice, there's actually an adjuster on the down tube which is what I used. I just didn't bother trying it on the fly.

Boo, all it took was brute force to "fix" it. I always carry a cell phone with me when I ride because I don't carry any tools other than to fix a flat.

Of the last 24 hours, 7 of them have been at lacrosse games. I now know what Dan's hockey dad life is like.

Burned the shit out of my knees sitting in 90 degree weather and foolishly refusing suncreen form a very hot lacrosse mom.

"No thanks, I am very macho you know, I don't need any girlyman sunscreen for me" I am invulnerable to UV rays.

Went with my son's junior high school science olympiad team to the state competition in Golden CO, since I'm a volunteer advisor/teacher in several subjects. It was fun, and the weather was beautiful. Our kids placed 15th, while last years team only placed 17th in state. In regional competition we were 7th out of 33 teams, with 66 total teams in the state, so our 15th place sounds about right.

It took a lot of hard work to get where they did, and I can't imagine how much work it would take to reach 1st place in state. At least our kids still have a life outside of school.

Tough string of car luck, Fitz. Hope the latest fix is the cure.

It's held together fine so far. No issues today after running some errands followed by a bunch of WOT pulls, and sounds as good as ever over 4k. Woohoo.

• Like 1