And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Idea for next year... the ginger thing may just have some merit afterall, Colin!

In an email exchange with one of my repeat Santa clients, a suggestion was made that I could do some "Son of Santa" events in October each year, either at schools or perhaps at Halloween events as well. I know, sounds a bit like "Son of Sam" but it's worth considering.

The idea would be to wait until late October to do my first bleaching session, after which I'd be nice and orange. Then make special appearances at grade schools to talk with the kids about what it's like to live at the North Pole, and the pressures I faced growing up always having to be "nice" (with Santa as my dad), the pranks that the elves and I pulled over the years on Santa and Mrs. Claus, and of course to check in on the kids to make sure that their names still belonged on the nice list.

This particular client is the principal of a large private grade school that I do Santa work for, and he was all excited about the possibility of a visit in the Fall. Of course, this kind of idea would only play with a very limited audience (maybe his school alone, unless I could arrange an Island-wide tour including the public grade schools as well), and it would only work if I shaved each year on Christmas day and then immediately restarted the process.

Never discount the power of ginger.

Packing my bags as we're flying back to MA today from vacation. Found out yesterday that I'm missing one of my lenses. While I looked at all the places it could be, couldn't do a comprehensive search as it was my brother-in-law's wedding day (the reason we were down here in the first place). It may turn up today while we're packing today, but I'm not holding out much hope at this point. This is turning out to be more expensive vacation than initially planned. :palm:

Man oh man, Salty, I have that same fear every time I pack up my camera bag(s) and head out on a flight somewhere. Not too long ago, I was convinced that I'd left my 70-200 at the security clearance area at the Tampa airport and had to wait 3 weeks before my next trip back, only to find it right where I left it in my motorhome. So I know the feeling... I sure hope this one turns out well for you.

Edited by Wmcmanus

Unfortunately, I didn't find the lens. I'm thinking it probably tumbled out of my non-camera bacpack (in its pouch) while I was out somewhere and I obviously didn't notice it. Annoying thing is, I didn't use it at all (combination of laziness and chasing around my daughter) so I could've just left it at home.

Sorry to hear Salty.

After a month of near non-stop days/evenings/weekends working, stopped at noon Friday, did some vinyl shopping, watched a couple Breaking Bads, had a couple Manhattans and went to sleep early. Changed things up Saturday and did vinyl shopping, drank Manhattans, watched a few Breaking Bads and took to a couple naps. Sunday I got inventive and had a couple Manhattans for breakfast, watched two Breaking Bads on iPad in bed and drifted back to sleep till 2pm. Man, did I need a chill weekend.

We went pretty overboard for our son's first, I think it's kind of natural if it is the first child too.....it WAS worth it, though, to see his face when we fed him cake for the every first time. We have a couple shots somewhere, he has this wide-eyed look like "...what is this that you've been holding out on me....??!!!"

We learned pretty quickly in subsequent years to tone down the major portions of parties, and just let the kids enjoy.....

After a month of near non-stop days/evenings/weekends working, stopped at noon Friday, did some vinyl shopping, watched a couple Breaking Bads, had a couple Manhattans and went to sleep early. Changed things up Saturday and did vinyl shopping, drank Manhattans, watched a few Breaking Bads and took to a couple naps. Sunday I got inventive and had a couple Manhattans for breakfast, watched two Breaking Bads on iPad in bed and drifted back to sleep till 2pm. Man, did I need a chill weekend.

Nice, Ric. What would you guess was the ratio of Breaking Bads to Manhattans?