And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Talked with a mortgage consultant to get the refinancing process started. We had started this couple of months ago, but didn't finish it as we decided to change some things around (e.g., consolidate some of our loans, etc). The overall number was pretty good, though it'll be a 2-3 months process.

Good time to do that with Rates so low.

Talked with a mortgage consultant to get the refinancing process started. We had started this couple of months ago, but didn't finish it as we decided to change some things around (e.g., consolidate some of our loans, etc). The overall number was pretty good, though it'll be a 2-3 months process.

We started looking into refinancing. with a 10yr loan. I am surprised how long the process takes nowadays.

Right now I'm waiting to get an MRI for a groin injury I've had for the last year and a half or so. Not excited about the process. At least I am at the place withe the roomiest machine in Texas - for the fatties I guess.

We started looking into refinancing. with a 10yr loan. I am surprised how long the process takes nowadays.

Right now I'm waiting to get an MRI for a groin injury I've had for the last year and a half or so. Not excited about the process. At least I am at the place withe the roomiest machine in Texas - for the fatties I guess.

Too bad you can't take your JH13s in with you when you have the MRI procedure. I felt like I was stuffed in a torpedo tube with a couple of bongo playing chimpanzees when I had mine. Good luck anyway Shelly.

Yeah, the consultant gave me a rough estimate of ~ 3 months (closing would be sometime in January) for the whole process. We sent in all the paperworks that were needed so the rate is locked in now, at least.

Hope the MRI wasn't too annoying.

The MRI wasn't too bad. I wasn't nearly as claustrophobic as I thought I would be. I was in a 3T Open Bore machine so it was actually pretty roomy. Though, there was no way that I was going to fall asleep. :) It was pretty loud! No JH13s but they did have headphones (worn over earphones and with music played really loud) that one could hook up to your ipod so I was able to listen to some Radiohead during the scanning.

Went back to the orthopedic surgeon to find out about the MRI results. Turns out I have a hip labral tear. Options are (1) cortisone injections plus physical therapy plus probably no squats or sports that would cause it to tear more (2) surgery + physical therapy. I am leaning towards (2) becuase I don't want to have to go through life being a sloth and not being able to do weightlifting and play other sports. The problem would be to find a time that I could get it done. I am supposed to travel every other week until around January 10. There is usually about 2 weeks of crutches after surgery. Then I am teaching two classes in spring so it would be hard to take time off. This sucks.

Not terribly good options, Shelly, but I agree with your logic in terms of having the issue fully addressed such that it won't be a lingering problem fo you. Sucks about the timing, but I hope you'll pursue this option eventually, even if not right away. This coming from someone who has been living with bad knees for several years now.

Sorry to hear, Shelly.

I figure, have the surgery on 1/11/12, then bring in a comfy couch or something to chill on in your classroom. Make a grad student write the stuff on the board while you teach. Throw in a cane and some Vicodin and do a House impersonation. (Just my 2c).

I went to a 2 month followup for my surgery today. The doctor is rather impressed at how much strength I've regained. Still have degraded responses to the hammer->knee thing, and also to the lower leg, but it happens. The surgeon seems to think that I'll still have some permanent numbness and tingling, but it seems like it's a good thing that I can still walk and/or not have to wear Depends.

One thing I did find out today was the diagnosis. If they said it when I first went there, I didn't remember... the pain was at it's height. I had them write it down today, because I knew I'd forget. Cauda Equina. Doctors out there, anyone care to fill me in beyond WebMD and Wikipedia? Seems like it's pretty serious. On the bright side, harkening back to one of Shelly's concerns about futureproofing one's body, it seems that it's incredibly rare that CES resurfaces.

http://www.webmd.com/back-pain/guide/cauda-equina-syndrome-overview

Again, g'luck, Shelly. And Al, go get your hip looked at. You can always NOT get treatment, you know...

**BRENT**

Shit Brent, guess you are doing well considering!

I am thinking that maybe I can cancel one of my not-so-essential trips to do the surgery. That would put me in town for a few weeks. I should be off crutches after that. I'll have to call the doc tomorrow to what I would need to do beforehand and when he has openings.

Sorry about your hip pain Al. :(

Sorry about the aging Jim. ;)

Thanks for the support guys.