And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Good one, Al. I'll have to share that at ClausNet. Just started a thread there asking for, no begging for, advice on bleaching intervals.

Long story, but there are essentially three things that will damage your hair in the bleaching process: peroxide, heat, and bleach. I've eliminated the peroxide altogether by using an enzyme-based developer, which although more expensive, isn't damaging at all (or not measurably), and I didn't use any heat either (no blow drying while the bleach was setting). So it's just a matter of the bleaching time, and I pushed it to the full 50 minute limit yesterday.

In the meantime, I've been applying gobs of leave in conditioner, and so far, my hair doesn't feel or look damaged at all. Just don't know if that would still be the case if I hammered it again with another bleaching session today, as opposed to a week from now as is normally recommended...

I could simply stay indoors all week and keep meeting my sustenance needs by calling Dominos. The little Filipino guy who makes $5 every time he shows up at the door would love it. He might even agree not to laugh at me if I gave him a $10 tip!

Congrat Tom!

Wayne, I know this is my chance to impart a little 'queer eye for the straight' guy wisdom here, but sadly I haven't a clue. Does that make me a complete failure?

Allow me to assist, Wayne this outfit screams you...........

fohdzk.jpg

cool.png

Way to go, Tom! Truly an event worth celebrating!

Nice pic, Augsburger. That's actually a look that I'll need to work on quite soon. I've got several "Beach photos with Santa" events lined up already, and will be expected to wear Santa beach attire (red shorts, Christmas shirt of some kind, flip slops, etc).

I've received some good advice from my fellow Santas that so long as my skin is not irritated from the first bleaching, I should be good to go for the second round at any time. Maybe later tonight after the baseball games. Looking forward to the buttered popcorn look, but will take a small clipping of the pumpkin hair from the back of my head for memento sake as well.

Good stuff, Tom, congrats! We refinanced, went from a 30-year to 15 and still saved > $300/mo in payments. We've timed it just so we'll be paid off before our son goes to college....just in time for more possible debt!

I went from a 30 to a 15 & a year and a half later took a 10year mortgage because of a rate decrease & knocked off another

3 1/2 years by doing that with a $70.00 a month increase.

I never took equity out by rolled the closing costs of refinancing into the new mortgages,so all I did was sign papers.

I have two in college now.

First bleaching (repeated for reference):

IMG_6785633.jpg

Second bleaching:

IMG_6821288.jpg

Third bleaching:

IMG_6843473.jpg

About that advice I got about waiting several days between bleachings... ya, I pretty much ignored that! Thankfully, I haven't given myself a chemical shave... at least not quite yet. Will give it several days rest this time, and hopefully the next round will get me close to where I want it to be. From there, it will be spot bleaching and daily toner sessions to get the rest of the yellow out. In an odd kind of way (given that you have to be rather odd to do this kind of thing to yourself), I'm kind of having fun with it.