And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

No bands yet, a lot of really little easy things (a lot of isometrics and passive ROM with a few active ROM thrown in).

I need to vent. I am really really pissed right now. I have been using the CPM on a bed with an old mattress and 3" foam topper (so it is really squishy) and the CPM was set to 30 degrees until yesterday when I went up to 40 degrees. The machine felt a little off but I wasn't having any pain really so no problem. Well, in order to be a little more social, I had hubby move the CPM to the living room on top of my PT setup (which is a hard table with a exercise mat on top). I started using the machine and it just wasn't comfortable. I felt like the machine when it was going up towards 40 degrees was pressing my leg into my hip. Then I kept telling hubby that I thought the upper part of the leg was too short. When the guy "set up" the machine, I remember me lying in it (on the squishy bed), and he set the "calf" part of the machine to the right length but don't remember much else (I was a little drugged since it was the same day as the surgery). Well, I search online and find the manual. The first direction is to measure your femur and adjust the "femur" part of the machine. (He definitely did not measure my femur, hubby says so). I looked and it was just set on the shortest setting possible (which is 30 or 31 cm, cannot remember). I look up online about how to measure the femur. I do a very rough measurement and get about 16 inches which is about 40.5 cm! So basically, the guy totally fucked up (or didn't care).... it was way off. In fact, I checked by setting the machine at 90 on the setting he had it on with my leg in it but not strapped in and the angle was probably around 60 degrees (well, nothing near 90). Fucker!

Now I have to worry if this has put enough pressure on my hip to set me back or mess up the surgery! I did keep trying to adjust and didn't use it too long like this since I knew something must be wrong so hopefully it didn't do too much damage. I am also not in too much pain, just a little more sore than before (not enough to have to take a pill). I think I am not going to use the machine until I go back to the PT tomorrow (perhaps they can accurately measure my femur) and call the doctor and call and complain to the company. Fuckers.

Edit: And, I am pissed at myself for "trusting" that the person who is trained to set it up, did it correctly, that is so unlike me. Never again.

Edited by shellylh

I just finished tweaking and overclocking a dv6-6135DX notebook for HTPC/travel duty with some light gaming. It came with a slow 640GB 5400rpm hard drive, BD-ROM drive, USB 3.0, and 6GB of DDR3 1333mhz RAM for the low price of $520 from newegg. After some tweaking of voltages and bios mods, it now has a llano A8-3500 clocked at 2.6ghz with 6620M on the APU and a 6750M discrete card clocked at 750mhz stream processing/850mhz memory running stable with three hours of prime95 and MSI Kombuster testing. For the final and most brutal test, I will be attempting the inadvisable by visiting Head-Fi's homepage with ad-blocking disabled.

For the final and most brutal test, I will be attempting the inadvisable by visiting Head-Fi's homepage with ad-blocking disabled.

On my new PC, Metro 2033 on highest settings is much faster and more responsive than Huddler-Fi. I don't think anything exists yet that can make it behave like a normal website.

Good luck, Shelly, and definitely let them know they screwed up.....people get very nervous when something is done wrong and medical issues are involved.....

I have learned, through my wife and her past issues, that one needs to be a strong self-advocate in all things medical.

Hope it works out OK, and nothing bad was done.

People of all stripes get nervous and try to smooth over screw ups.

My most recent favorite (not remotely as serious as Shelly's) is the taxi driver that opened the trunk of his taxi and my my wifes laptop fell out he then put it back in the trunk like it never happened. When I pointed out that it had dropped (I saw the whole thing) and that he should have said "this dropped out when I opened the trunk, sorry" his response was first to deny then to say he did nothing wrong and had no need to apologize. Luckily the laptop was not damaged in any way but it really pissed me off. Unfortunately I had already paid him (with tip) at that point.

Edited by Dreadhead

Shelly, hope things are getting better for you.

Today, I waited an hour an a half in my dermatologist's office to have a five minute appointment resulting in my back being covered in sticky rows of tape meant to test for 64 allergies, not including food or pollens, and one big ole bandaid on my ear, after testing for skin cancer. I go back Friday to find out what I'm maybe allergic to, but the tape seems to be somewhat sticky on both sides and is now stuck to my shirt as well. This should be an interesting couple days.

Thanks Vicki. What type of allergies are you getting tested for? I need to get allergy testing.

By the way, I really hate crutches and *really* hope that I can start on 1 crutch or a cane in a week. A freaked out a little earlier because I looked at the rehabilitation protocol for hip arthroscopy on my doc's website and it was talking about 6 weeks of crutches and 12 weeks without being able to bend past 90 degrees or do any hip adduction (i.e. crossing legs). I looked back at the sheet I have and it definitely is 2 weeks before weening off crutches, and only 4 weeks of limited hip flexion and no adduction. I guess that is the old protocol and they haven't updated the website but it certainly did scare me. Also, I distinctly remember them telling me 2 weeks of crutches. I don't know how people can deal with 6 weeks or more of crutches. Do you wrists just get used to being in pain?

Edited by shellylh