And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Gave my mom-in-law a new/refurbished 32Gb 1st Gen iPad 3G today. I think she'll really enjoy having it to use on our family trip to Mexico next month. She's really digging it so far, and at 77 she's not too old to learn something new. She didn't even own a computer or have internet at home until now (we signed her up for a data plan on our credit card, and didn't trouble her about the cost).

She's mostly excited about sharing our large nook eBook library, doing email, and seeing photos of her grandkids. I sync'd it to my Macbook for a little music, videos and photos that she can enjoy now. And she can watch our flicker photostream from the flickerHD app, like a standard digital photo frame. Then when she is ready I can teach her how to re-download our previously purchased music, apps, books and TV Shows, and how to delete some when she wants to make room for new stuff.

I've finally received those 009 I paid for some pages ago.

Nice!

I got the SR-007 from Deepak on Wed and have been really enjoying them (of course, this means the Peak is feeling a bit unloved). I have also been spending quite a lot of time with the Pico Dac/amp and Grado PS500 while hooked up to the CPM machine. Also very nice. Glad I didn't end up selling the Pico.

JP came over for left-overs with the drop dead gorgeous new Audio Technica Anniversary Edition W1000Xs in hand. They are stunning, both sonically and visually. Went to Record Store Day at Radio Active (Didn't we just have record store day, a few months ago? Oh well. Record Store Day part deux on Black Friday, I guess.) John reported that the place was jammed at 9 in the morning. It was still jammed at 9 at night. A most excellent day.

Took my son-in-law on a preserve hunt. My old dog (11) pointed 12 birds (most runners) in 2 hours before he ran out of gas. Sad to see him deteriorate but he's had a good life and incredible hunting career.

Hey, it sounds like he did his best and that's pretty damned good. Hope I can be that strong in the latter stages of my life.

Took a short solo ride this morning. Evidently when a time and location are agreed upon they are over ruled by a post Thanksgiving food fest the night before. huh.png

Then spent most of the afternoon lugging our Christmas trees into the living room and family room, now my back is calling for some medication, say 2007.

Went out to a hot chocolate contest at next town over, only to find the most of the contestant had ran out of hot chocolate by the time we got there. While there, we stopped by to have our daughter's picture taken with Santa. Much to my surprise, the photographer was using a camera with a Polaroid back (though with Fuji film).

Now, I'm making a banana bread while re-installing Windows & via Boot Camp since something has gone horribly wrong with the previous installation - just as I was about to play some games on it. comp26.gif

Edited by Salt Peanuts