And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I started work yesterday. So far, so good. Accenture seems to have great people across the board. My orientation group primarily consisted of experienced hires given the time of year but they were all respectful, humble, and as eager to learn as me. Already they are allowing me to work from home tomorrow, next Monday, next Tuesday, and forcing me to burn a rolling holiday that will expire at the end of December.

The only negatives I have to share thus far are a confusing time reporting system, lag time in providing me a Career Counselor (which seems important), and assigning me to learn some bits of Java in a 2 week period when I've already been told it's relatively useless in project work.

Congrats, Bryan! Go knock 'em dead, 'bro!

Regarding refi's, we hate them so much that we took a pass on the recent historic lows. It would've saved us about 3/4% but we only have about 8 years left on a 15 year mortgage which itself was a 2nd refi. Hate to sneeze at free money, but we couldn't bear the thought of any more paperwork in our paperwork filled lives. Good luck on both of yours, though ... our first two were totally worth it, once we finally got through it!

Yesterday I finally started back doing my regular 40km evening ride on the trainer. It felt really good to feel bad. Here's hoping I stick with it this time and continue losing the 35-40lbs I have to re-lose. It's just so easy for me to pack it on and that took about 4 months. I have to actively diet to maintain weight and I know lots of people do (not looking for sympathy but it sucks).

I can't wait until I get my new cycling shoes though, I'm really getting tired of these ones. Two years of numb feet is starting to piss me off.

Edited by Dreadhead

Stretch, what vineyard is that, if you can disclose the name? Kinda looks like Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc vines, hard to tell with those friggin' Porsches in the way.

Sorry Greg, just saw this now. It's Steenberg. I reckon those are Sauvignon blocks -- probably their best varietal. The Shiraz is OK too if you like cool-climate expressions.

http://www.steenberg-vineyards.co.za/

PS: Licence to hoon!

4877f28e.jpg

Want /\ /\ /\ /\, and the car too. You live large Stretch, awesome winery grounds.

Ok, we have three college apps down and nine to go.............fingers crossed.

Started brining the turkey, made two different stuffings. One with sausage, onions herbs carrots onions, raisins and cheap Chardonnay and for our vegetarian and Israeli guests, a rice stuffing made with wild and long grain rice, shrooms only, no pork. Tomorrow will be the green bean casserole, stuffed yams and garlic smashed potatoes.

Edited by Augsburger

Moving ahead on the refi--slowly, too slowly. Jesus do I hate dealing with financial shit. Not in a good place right now.

We refinanced to a 10 year mortgage about 2 months ago. We were able to drop our rate and same a bundle in interest. I'm hoping to add a little each month so I can be done in 8 years. It took a good 2 months from start to finish but part of that was due to a subordination we needed for my equity line. I had a friend act as the closing agent and saved a bunch as a result. Good luck dinny, it will get done.

Bryan, congrats on starting the job!

We too are doing a refinance right now. We debated for a while because we already refinanced once before. The paperwork is a PITA (especially when hopping back and forth from the comp to printer on crutches) but it will hopefully be worth it. (Seems to be the only way to make money nowadays.) We are moving to a 10 year loan and getting another 1.5% lower. I really hate that you can't tell who is going to carry your loan in the long term. Our last one was bought by Wellsfargo which we liked; now, who knows.

Edited by shellylh

Congrats, Bryan! Go knock 'em dead, 'bro!

Regarding refi's, we hate them so much that we took a pass on the recent historic lows. It would've saved us about 3/4% but we only have about 8 years left on a 15 year mortgage which itself was a 2nd refi. Hate to sneeze at free money, but we couldn't bear the thought of any more paperwork in our paperwork filled lives. Good luck on both of yours, though ... our first two were totally worth it, once we finally got through it!

This. All of it.

We're near the end of a 15 year note at what by today's standards is a usurious rate, but it's such a hassle to refi. I'm tempted to just pay the darn thing off - which would leave me short on cash and having to deal with the insurance and taxes myself. That doesn't sound like much fun either, so we coast along.

Bryan- time reporting systems are supposed to be confusing and operating them is supposed to burn more time than you can bill. No one knows why. It's an ancient tradition. Go get 'em!

Last minute prep for Thanksgiving at the bhjazz house. First time for us, as normally we would be at my sister's or in-law's places. Small group expected, just five including myself and my lovely wife. Wrote out a schedule to make sure I don't miss much! Jazz is on the speakers, vodka in the freezer and turkeys awaiting their final destination.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Head Case buddies. Have a great day!

Wife, son and I did a 5k walk today for charity; despite a knee that is acting up, it was a nice time, and registration money goes to charity.

Then, nice day spent at my mothers, with two brothers and all families (less two kids away).

Now, just resting at home, debating if I want to take a nap at 8pm, or stick it out a bit and go to bed at a semi-normal time.

Hope everyone celebrating has/had a good and safe Thanksgiving!

Glad your hip is doing well.

Did a 3+hr grouip ride (3000 cal+) in the morning on 2 bottles of Gatorade, a Gu and a breakfast bar. That was a swift kick in the nuts with a lot of climbing. I did not eat anything on my return (saving up for turkey). Around 5pm we ate turkey and stuffing. Still going to put on a ton facepalm.png

Happy Thanksgiving All!

Edited by Dreadhead