And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Came home from work a bit early, but had to run an errand. When I got that done, I rode 16.46 miles in 1:09, so 14.3mph. Better, still sucks. Light wind, 8E, felt good. Was going to do another 5-6 miles, but got a phone call and had to come home
sadcat3.jpg

That's wonderful stuff, Dinny! Being proud of your mom is pretty cool as well.

Speaking of which... my mom has similar interests and talents. She has taught adult education (GED program) at a community college for 30+ years, and has worked in a separate program to assist teenage mothers with their education and general life skills.

She's passionate about her work, and has made a real difference for a lot of these girls. But sometimes I think they like her too much! Just the other day, she got her first 3rd generation teenage mom. The 33 year-old grandmother brought her daughter in (along with the baby) and asked, "Do you remember me?" My mom said, "Why yes, Jessica... and I remember your mom as well..." Apparently, Jessica was a 6 year-old when they first met. Mom told me, "Thank God this baby was a boy!"

Sounds like a great ride to me, Chris. Sorry you had to cut it short.

That's very cool about both your moms, Dinny and Wayne. I feel like a slacker given what my parents did over the years for their various communities--as teachers, teacher mentors, political activists, church volunteers, etc., etc.--but then I remember that a lot of what they did was later in life when time became more available. It makes me feel better to think that, anyway. undecided.gif

started the process to buy another new car. This one a jetta sportwagen tdi. If I'm going to be commuting, I need a car that can handle that. 42mpg ftw.

USA Today has an article about an old couple that drove 1,600 miles from Houston to North Virginia on ONE TANK of gas in their diesel VW, squeaking out 80+mpg and pissing off a few drivers for going below the speed limit.

What did you graduate with???? Masters in cocktail mixing?

Restarted my biking regimine thanks to all of your posting. A mere 26 miles with a 8mph headwind and 1k of climbing. Man I suck at climbing!

Don't know the rest of the stats because my bike computer battery gave up the ghost.....just as well.

Spent a frusterated hour trying to assemble our new pingpong table. Too bad some key nuts and bolts were missing. This is why I drink....

Went with the family on a bike ride. Mountain bikes for mom and pop and the girls in an InStep trailer, (for the first time). I think they liked it. I need to get them smaller profile helmets, specially on the back side. The helmets pushed towards their faces when they rested their heads on the back of the trailer. Must be irritating.

I think I saw a cobra around beach drive as well.