And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Hope eyes and bikes and bugs' asses get better....

I had a real nice afternoon/evening. Price-Waterhouse Coopers hosted a party for my company at Smith and Wollensky's in Boston, to celebrate outr partial reorganization as a Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) Organization - PWC helped us a lot along the way. All people involved with that project were invited, and this little IT peon was mentioned twice by the CFO.

On top of that, Macallan 18 (yum) and Woodford Reserve (not bad at all, haven't had decent bourbon in eons) were free at the bar, lobster tails/claws and other shellfish were plentiful in one of the buffet tables, and some wonderful and interesting people were met and shared some good time.

Even got to see some silly drunk Accountants laugh.png

Edited by skullguise

Yesterday blew horse cock, to say the least. Woke up sick as hell to miserable weather. Got into the city pretty early and wasn't dressed for the wind/cold incessant rain throughout the day. Then some asshole shoved me into a street corner pole and trashed my new leica 50mm lens. Police officer looked at it and said it looked too shitty to be worth 2k and walked away.

Today, I slept in a bit hoping to rest and try to kick whatever I am afflicted with. Met up with Colin for lunch at Jackson Hole which was quite pleasant. Caught the subway down to the World Trade Center which was a little underwhelming. No passes were available for the memorial so I wasn't able to go inside which was disappointing. Walked around the financial district for a bit and then continued on the bus tour I had purchased yesterday. Took me back north of Rockefeller Plaza and walked around there for a bit. Met up with parents at Times Square and then went to Grand Central Terminal to catch the subway back south to the Staten Island Ferry. Took the Ferry to and from Staten Island after walking about the terminal on the Staten Island side for bit. The fog was so thick, I couldn't see anything beyond a 200 feet. Things were fairly dead - either due to the weather (which seemed gloomy to me) or maybe it was just too early in the evening (8pm). Got to listen and watch some amazing musicians who were all told to leave the premises at some point or another, which was also unfortunate. There was one guy playing the drums on a plastic bucket and was varying the sound by holding it between his legs and raising them off the floor at different angles.

Now back at dad's apt in NJ. Seem to have something going on under my right foot. Painful mass which isn't blistering. Just to the right of my big toe on the ball of my foot. Won't be home for a few days. Praying that it doesn't get any worse.

Weather website said the sun was going to be out today. It lied. Only difference between today and yesterday was that it wasn't raining.

Now off to bed. Leaving for Penn State to visit with my sister super early tomorrow morning. She graduates day after so have to help her pack and what not.

crappyjones123 I am sorry to hear about the lens, that is a tragedy. I like photography, but I don't think I will ever invest enough in it to buy a proper Leica.

The last few days have been decent to me. Yesterday did start with a needle in the arm, but everything can't be perfect. Another year, another TB test. Tomorrow I will have it checked, but I can confidently say I do not have TB. Anyone want to let me breath on them consistently for a few weeks to prove it. After that I went by the hospital I have been working at this semester to return my security badge. Lets be honest, I only did that to get my $10 deposit back. If getting $10 dollars. Then it was off to the post office. I had to mail back the Fuji X100 I just got (defective). Next was lunch at a Kosher Deli with my sister and grandmother. The Rubin was definitely the highlight of the day. After I got home I took the dog for a walk around the neighborhood for about an hour. Not much must have happend after that, because I don't remember any of it.

Today I went to class and took the HESI standardized test for 2 hours; that was not fun. I passed, but I can't say I was expecting anything else. I spent the rest of the day not studying for my final, which is in 6 days. Now it is SR-007 and Billy Joel time. If I decide to get up I may add beer to the picture.

Stayed in bed feeling week and flaccid for most of today - I've had a chronic sinus infection for the past 4 weeks and on my 3rd antibiotic which is finally helping, but this has taken a lot out of me over time. I've had 3-4 episodes of coughing up blood with this, but it's been gone for a week now. I can't wait to get my energy back now that I'm starting to get better, as I have only been able to ride my exercise bike 3x in a month.

Got signed up for my community service making children's blankets, as part of my plea deal for my speeding ticket doing 131 mph in a 65 mph zone. That was a pretty stupid thing to do, and could have cost me my license. I'm not proud of this, and I've kept it a secret since last September. Sigh...

I kept score for little league basket ball games as my community service. It was years ago, but I think I got cought going 118 mph in a 60. Not the worst punishment I suppose. I learned my lessen, and now keep it to a reasonable speed.

Mike is correct bugs have a flow through digestive system so they definitely have an anal opening.

Me: Decided to go for a bike ride to try out the new Garmin 500. Cruising along at about ten miles in thinking that everything was going well. Pop! Woooosssshhhhh... Okay, it's the rear tube but not a really big deal. Pull out the underseat bag and open it up. Chain tool, tire levers, tube ... No tube. OK. Well I'll use my phone to call for a ride. Pull out the phone and it is in a perpetual booting loop. Pull the battery, wait one minute, no good. Pull the battery, start walking to the last road I crossed. 10 minutes later I pop the battery back in and the phone finally boots up. Not an auspicious return to cycling.

See what happens when you "exercise"? Shee-it, I don't have any such problems because my most strenuous exercise is shouting at morons while I drive to/from work. Stick to mixing beautiful, beautiful cocktails, my friend. They won't leave you stranded by the side of the road...well, maybe, but you'll feel good about it.

Man, I've missed a lot in a week and a half. Condolences on dads. Archos and Al. Cancer truly does sick, and Al, I can't imagine how stressful that phone call must have been with you somewhat helpless on one end.

Congrats on daughter being a Dukie, Larry.

Keep running and losing, Shelly.

Bug in the eye sucks, Bryan - hope better by now.

Am sure I'm forgetting a lot, but am thinking of all of you ...

Me - just back from that boat delivery to Abaco (Bahamas out islands). Great trip, and stayed a few days over there to soak up the island vibes. Tomorrow it's off to Jamaica for a week, so will be somewhat scarce again. Should be less busy, with better interwebs connection, though, so hopeful can stay caught up.

This is White Bay on Elbow Cay (Hopetown) ...

Abacos2012-24.jpg

Edited by agile_one

Gene, it has been so long I forgot what you looked like. Thanks for the refresh.

I am lining up my drinks for tomorrow's Cinco de Mayo/moon perigee combo celebration.

This convergence won't happen again for many years; about as long as it will take for my kids to finish paying off their student loans.

Toga and blender are at the ready.

Edited by Augsburger

Painted a wall on 34th Street for my daughters graduation from UF tomorrow.

d8f73ca9.jpg

Congrats to Britt! You're such a good dad Mike.....maybe you can adopt me and I can drink all your awesome beer? In exchange I'll drive you around to all your lawyerly meetings?

BTW, Emily declared Notre Dame this weekend. Glad to have the drama end and now trying to get my head around the fact that my baby is growing up and will be leaving home soon.

Gonna be tough when USC plays Notre Dame this football season but oh well I guess one can say win win either way. azn.gif