And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

It seems I'm out of the woods at this point - thankfully, these things tend to only last a day or so for me.

I did get an e-mail from Department of Public Health today that stomach bug with rapid onset has been going around school staff and students around the state.  Hopefully, I won't get it again.

Work is weird right now since I'm at the very end of my current role. Last week was absurdly busy but I find myself with much more free time now. So today I worked remotely and ended up cleaning for 3-4 hours in preparation for an early family Christmas dinner we're hosting on Saturday night. I'm totally Allison's housewife. 

On a related note, I completely loathe washing glossy hardwood floors. Swiffer a section, get on my knees and wipe dry with a towel (this should be easy, Steve). Repeat 30 times. 

Congrats Al, and Wayne.  Doesn't matter how she was dressed, just that she was on your lap!

Bigger question: was she naughty or nice?  > :D

The serious answer is that she's a very nice girl, through and through. She's just an angel, and also very composed and doesn't seem to be giddy or fluffy-brained at all. Everyone here has high hopes for her in the Miss Universe competition. Although we send someone every year, this young lady really is special.

Yeah. That's the rub. The clothing order just opened and they changed design and supplier. I have a kid on the way that is almost certainly going to mean no racing this year hence Meaghan asks why I am bothering to buy anything (like $500 worth). I ask how long the design is going to last. I asked this because I am hoping that I can race in it next season and basically get "fuck off. You just bought an $$$ bike". Classy

Edited by Dreadhead

Sounds like a fun crew to ride with.

Me: went shopping for a new wood stove for the second day in a row.

The front-runnner, a Regency F2400:

Regency%20F2400.jpg

The prettier, much more expensive, potentially higher WAF but more demanding in terms of maintenance runner-up, a Hearthstone Heritage:

heritage.jpg

or perhaps a slightly bigger version of either one.

Our current main heater is 20 years old, and it turned out not to be very good at heating the house, due to a too-small firebox and general inefficiency.

Sorry Jacob that sucks.

Me: Spent a few hours going through all the papers in my cube and packing up all my papers. Now in the process of zipping up the electronic stuff I am taking with me and burning it to a metric crap ton of DVDs. I can't just use the 32gb thumb drive because of restrictions. Yay. Zip process is probably going to take until tomorrow.

11.2% pay raise 

Moar preciouser metals!

Kids got out of school today for the Christmas break. Was also the first fry-an-egg-on-your-dashboard day of our Summer. We swam and played soccer all afternoon, they crashed, I'm drinking beer out back in my undercrackers and posting on the iPad.

Wife flew to London tonight to find out if she made partner at They Who Must Not Be Named, LLC. Tentacles crossed!