And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Field coils and horns can be nice combinations -- and I love the $80K OMA AC-2 field coil speakers -- but $100,000 is too much money to spend on speakers as a rule* and I don't think that I would ever consider paying that much for an esoteric single driver that will be hard to resell.

*Note:  The OMA Imperia is about $170K but is the most amazing thing I have ever heard and you get a whole lot more for your money than the Voxativs.

Edited by Voltron

Spent two hours at the DMV getting the title for the Vibe transferred over.  Stupid DMV.  I really wanted to get the Share the Rode plate.  I have a permanent handicap plate on my other car.  I was going to use the hanging tag in this one and have the cool cycling license plate, but the hanging things actually expire, and I'd have to go to the doc every couple years and get forms filled out again.  I asked why I'd need new forms if it was already noted in their system that I had permanent status, which is why I could get another plate, and the woman just told me those are the rules.  So, I have an ugly handicap Florida plate, but at least I can get the good parking if there are any spots actually available.

On more news, I'm very proud of myself.  I apparently had some muscle memory left from 7th grade Home Ec. class, and was able to navigate getting thread on a bobbin and setting up the tension a sewing machine as if I done it yesterday rather than 40 years ago.  I was really quite shocked my fingers knew what they were doing.  My mother actually made the curtains I was planning, as apparently my ability to sew a straight line is where it was in 7th grade as well.  Ooops.

Thanks, Brent.

Funny thing happened tonight. When I finished teaching and was on my way home at 10:30pm, I decided to stop at the grocery store because I knew I had nothing in the fridge. So I'm walking around the place with no particular plan, just looking for munchies. Then as I'm about to head to the checkout line, I looked up and noticed this beautiful young blond, and she seemed to be checking me out... or at least looking at me in a more than casual way.

Of course, at this time of night I'm both hungry and tired and not thinking too clearly. Obviously, she's not looking at me because she thinks I'm hot (but kind of look like someone, maybe), But she's hot so I don't mind, but quickly diverted my eyes, pretending that I didn't notice her noticing me. I was then happy to "score" at nice look at her spandex shorts, long sexy toned legs, and wonderfully tight and well proportioned upper body from the side view I had as I approached the checkout line.

Then I had one of those "toss up" moments when I had to decide between standing behind, a) the normal, everyday fat old lady in line #1, or b ) the spandex-clad young lady who showed no visible signs of sweat, so she obviously dresses this way by choice on a routine basis, and not just when returning home from the gym. I chose the latter.

I could tell by her body language that she wanted to say something to me, or that at least she had something on her mind, but she kept her attention to the task at hand of paying for her groceries, while I maintained eye contact with the aforesaid spandex shorts, and was able to detect some nice frilled fringed undies. Nope, she definitely wasn't just at the gym. But I was contented to keep those thoughts to myself, until suddenly, as she was about to leave, she couldn't contain herself any longer.

Turning toward me now, with eyes aglow, she said, "You know, I've just got to thank you, sir! I know this sounds silly, but you really made my day one time, and I always hoped I would meet you so I could tell you about it. You drive an orange SUV, right?" "Yup, that's me. Ford Edge." "Well, back in December one day, I was sitting in traffic, and you pulled up along side of me, and it just totally made my day! I was having a terrible day, and there you were. I told everyone, there really is a Santa Claus! I saw him! I believe!" Then she sort of trailed off and said, "I don't want to tell you what was making me sad, but you changed all of that just by being there."

She was so sweet, and being so sincere. I'll never know what I helped her with, but at that moment, I didn't care. She was young and beautiful, and I was tired and hungry and getting some pretty cool attention. Then I did it...

I don't know why, but it was a case of open mouth, spill out words. So I said, quite excitedly, as though there wasn't a thing about it that was in the slightest bit "wrong" or even creepy... "You know, I've got to admit as well, that you really made my day! I can't even begin to tell you just how good you look look in spandex! So I think we're even!"

She just laughed and walked away. Meanwhile the cahier girl, who sees me in there every other day (because my fridge is always empty and I never pick up more than a few items at a time) just shook her head and laughed. So I said, "What?" acting all innocent. Then she said, "You know, I shouldn't say this, because you might take it all wrong, but she really does look good in spandix!" Then she said, "I'm so jealous!" The which I replied, "See, even you think she's hot! You think I'm bad!"

So now we'll see where it goes with the grocery store girl. At least I've got some ammo.

Edited by Wmcmanus
  • Like 1