And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Ran into one of our city commissioners in the hardware store. He took us over to his house so he could show Bonnie his garden. Fascinating. He has the whole aquaculture thing going on, with the nutrients cycling from fish to plants, a big vegetable garden in dozens and dozens of five gallon buckets, chickens, the whole deal. All this in a modest house in the city. He could have big future as a survivalist if he was to decide to go that way. Later we went to a Fred Hersch concert.

Maybe you've lived in TX too long Steve.   ;)

Just kidding.  The "cows" at the show were simply stunning, very beautiful creatures.   

When I lived in Houston I was on the Livestock Show Safety Committee during my residency, and volunteered my time in the 1st aid rooms.  I'd get to enjoy many of the shows for free when I was done but I may have loved the food a little more, especially those big fat sticks of peppered jerky!

Any chance I could pay you double ship ship me a bunch of those fat jerky meat sticks? 

:P

Went to my first every hockey game tonight. Had center ice seats right next to the penalty box. 

The Panthers came out swinging

3KI8Tpz.jpg

But the Canadiens scored within the first minute

sO8J7G3.jpg

Then the Panthers got into penalty trouble early

yRGX2ol.jpg

But they kept getting into more

iMOjPwZ.jpg

And then the Canadiens finally won

pKXD7dP.jpg

But I was the one who won the most  :)

A1uElyW.jpg

Went to look at apartments for med school earlier in the afternoon and then had dinner at Bahama Breeze. All in all, a lovely date night. 

Edited by crappyjones123
  • Like 3

I've recently been having issues with shortness of breath when working out (both aerobic and anaerobic exercises), so I went to the doc. Blood work came back clean, so I'm going to get checked out by a cardiologist soon. It's just rather weird/scary because I've been fine working out the past few months without issue  :-

Both the doc and my trainer mentioned it might be Exercise-induced asthma aka exercise-induced bronchoconstriction (EIB): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exercise-induced_bronchoconstriction . I guess I'll see what the cardiologist says...

Edited by Nebby