And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I've recently been having issues with shortness of breath when working out (both aerobic and anaerobic exercises), so I went to the doc. Blood work came back clean, so I'm going to get checked out by a cardiologist soon. It's just rather weird/scary because I've been fine working out the past few months without issue  :-

Both the doc and my trainer mentioned it might be Exercise-induced asthma aka exercise-induced bronchoconstriction (EIB): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exercise-induced_bronchoconstriction . I guess I'll see what the cardiologist says...

If nothing comes of that you might make an appointment with a good allergist.  Have any food allergies?  Were you working out in the cold outdoors or in a gym.  Cold dry outdoor air can cause EIB.

It happens whenever I have strenuous exercise for an extended duration; for example, when weight lifting I'll start to run out of breath on the 3rd set, by the 4th set I'll be completely out of breath and have the beginnings of a massive headache/dizziness even if I wait a solid 3-4 minute rest period before continuing. Checking my heart rate/blood pressure at that point in time shows low blood pressure and a skyrocketing heart rate.

I don't have any food allergies that I know of and I'm normally working out in a gym/studio.

Thanks to all for the well wishes, it's frustrating to have a good workout routine then have something stop your progress. :(

Edited by Nebby

Not saying it is it but if they can't figure it out I know someone who was dificient in some protein/etc that was to do with sensing how much oxygen was in her blood so whenever she exercised her body thought she was drowning and stopped her from breathing. It was a real medical mystery and took almost 2 years to figure out and another year to recover. Hope it isn't that.

Sick and injured people, feel better!

CJ, love the pic of you and girlfriend!

I'm in bed.  My mother's been visiting for the past six weeks, and I'm taking her to the airport at 3:30AM tomorrow.  Egad.  I'm both sad she's leaving and eager to get my home back to myself.  

Nighty night, peoples.

My back is getting better.  In two days I'll be playing a lot of drums at a packed venue (likely packed, anyway - it's the pre-St. Patrick's Day party) - I hope it continues to improve, or the music will get pretty slow as the night goes on.

Everyone else who is sick, hurt, doped on Nyquil, or covered in coffee, I hope things improve.

Hope everybody gets better too!

Things sure seem to happen in waves?

Dan, what a great way to start your day! Not only are you scalded, covered in coffee stains, need to clean up what must be one hell of a mess and replace your press, but you have to do it without your coffee fix!

Edited by ironbut