And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

About 10 years ago someone got my CC number and used it over the thanksgiving holiday to rent a TV, buy a pizza, and get a hair style (staying right under the $500 felony amount).  I discovered it while doing internet banking, and went investigating.  She picked up the TV and Pizza so no address (used a fake), but the Pizza place knew her name.  Got it confirmed at the hair style place, along with a phone number and did a reverse lookup, and gave everything to the police.  She got arrested and I went to court to testify, but they did a plea deal of 5 years probation and drug rehab before I had to appear.

Changed about 30 recurring monthly transactions from my stolen credit card number to another card that is rarely used anywhere, so it will be harder to steal. It was our mistake for using the same card in public as the card that pays for email, wireless data, satellite radio, netflix and everything else.  

Although the last card was fairly well guarded, here in Colorado at restaurants they do not bring a credit card terminal out to your table to pay for a meal, so any waiter or waitress has access to the card long enough to skim it.  And I heard that some of the local gas stations had skimmers stacked onto the card readers, and my wife was using it to pay for gas.  Someone actually made a new physical credit card with our data imprinted on it, and used it at the Sahara in Vegas.  It wasn't some random person who just got the number, exp, and CCV2 and bought stuff online (although they did also buy an NBA live online subscription).

I hope they catch the bastard.

Larry, just had the exact same experience three weeks ago right after I booked a room reservation at a Chicago hotel.  Happens regularly to us and we are very careful with our CCs.

PITA!

Larry, just had the exact same experience three weeks ago right after I booked a room reservation at a Chicago hotel.  Happens regularly to us and we are very careful with our CCs.

PITA!

I forgot about the 2009 CanJam in LA, where the number from the credit card I used at the event and hotel was lifted and used to make several $500 purchases at a Walmart in LA.  My CC company didn't catch it at first because I'd used the card to buy 2 plane tickets and book the hotel in LA.

Got the Gallaxy S4. I'm not the sort who waits overnight in line for such things. It's not like they're going to run out of them. I called the Sprint store yesterday on a lark to find out if there was any word on when they would ship. Turned out it was today. I ambled into the store around lunch time, apparently just a few paces behind yhe UPS man and got the first one in my neighborhood.

• Like 1

Busy but fun day...did a BJ's run in the a.m., cleaned up around the house & garage, then went to my son's soccer game (0-0 tie, some good defense and an occasional lucky defensive bounce).

Came back, gathered some alcohol and food to bring to neighbor's house for a going away party.  They are moving (back) to Denmark next Saturday....

Now, going to settle and watch The Great And Powerful Oz with my wife.

We saw the Great And Powerful Oz in 3D and it was quite entertaining.  Then again i had two very well done Manhattans and short rib sliders during the movie so that helped too. ^-^

Hope your experience was just as good. ^-^

• Like 1