And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I cooked up some bacon in it last night (without butter though, next time I'll know better) and some of the pan is looking nice and dark.  Unfortunately, a bit of the bacon stuck to some parts of the pan and lifted up some of the seasoning.  I went ahead and seasoned again it on the stove with some more crisco (perhaps I should have used the bacon grease). 

Went and had my eyes evaluated to see if I qualify for Lasik surgery. I do and will be having said surgery next Thursday. I'm very excited to get rid of glasses. So much so that I inadvertently broke my regular glasses this morning. Not quite ironic but predictive maybe? I'll get by with my sunglasses for a week. 

• Like 5

Went and had my eyes evaluated to see if I qualify for Lasik surgery. I do and will be having said surgery next Thursday. I'm very excited to get rid of glasses. So much so that I inadvertently broke my regular glasses this morning. Not quite ironic but predictive maybe? I'll get by with my sunglasses for a week. 

I had PRK surgery a while back. Even though it's slightly different from Lasik, if you have any questions feel free to ask :)

I did RK about 16 years ago for distance vision in my right dominant eye, and I kept my close up vision in my left eye which was near sighted so it didn't need treatment for close up. It gave me 20/15 vision for the first few years. Lasik was still being tested at the time.

At 52 year old I can still read books and small print most of the time without reading glasses, and my vision with both eyes open is about 20/25, but only 20/30 with left eye covered and 20/50 with right eye covered. Over the years I have developed some astigmatism making my vision worse.

I only have trouble reading small print in dim light, when my pupils dilate and my focus gets worse. So, in dark restaurants I have trouble with the menu and either need to use the flashlight on my keychain or some folding 2.0 reading glasses. Street signs while night driving can be a little tricky, but I don't need glasses again yet.  I'm a candidate for having both eyes done, but my doctor wants to wait until I need reading glasses 100% of the time, Then he wants to do both eyes. I don't think we can do Lasik after RK, but you can after PRK if you have enough thickness of the cornea.

My daughter did PRK 2 years ago, and she's 20/20 now.  She had clouding of her corneas from the procedure, and it took 6-9 months to clear up with steroids.  It's a rare complication.

I'm afraid I'll look stupid without my glasses (I'm kinda squinty eyed).

Hey! Nothing wrong with squinty eyed looks!

Maybe you'd look smarter! :)

But then you wouldn't drive as well. Or at least have friends tell you so. Or attract more attention from police who think so.

Mike, I am definitely interested in hearing the results, as I have considered having corrective surgery for the past few years.  Haven't done any real research yet though.

Colin, since I've not seen you wearing glasses I assume you are a contact wearer. If so, you'll need to stop using your contacts 2-3 weeks prior to surgery to let your eyes reshape. I don't have to do that since I wear glasses exclusively. I'll let you know more after Thursday.