And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I had a borrowed SP-9 for a while. The bats on those switches were really long. It would be easy to tear one off, given the leverage available.

I have wrecked my share of long handled switches. The rest of the AR might be a tank, but the switch handles are pretty flimsy.

Unfortunately, I think that some of the manufacturers have stopped making the really long ones (silver contact). So matching existing switches may be tough.

Percy (http://percyaudio.com/) has the long handled Tocos switches still.

Had a 5.1 earthquake literally a friggin mile to the west from my house and the focus was about four miles down.  It was prompted by a 3.6 foreshock about an hour before.  I have lived in Southern California my entire life, and this was BY FAR the most intense shaking I ever felt.  It is easily eclipsed by the 1994 Northridge quake, but the proximity to me was about 50 miles closer on this one.  It was literally a "is the house going to survive this" kind of shaking.  We escaped with dozens of hairline drywall and stucco cracks and some drywall joint/corner failure.  Our neighbor's chimney came down, but thankfully, ours was okay.  Some of the aftershocks were literally a block or two away and only 100 meters down.  Feels like a warzone.

And being the dumbass that I am, my Nikon D300 with an 18-200 and SB-600 attached fell from my speakers.  The lens is fucked and I managed to epoxy the shoe mount back onto the SB-600.  The D300 appears fine.  I Primed another 18-200 - should be here Monday.

Oh, and we just had a 4.5 a mile to the North.

I loathe earthquakes.

Edited by roadtonowhere08

Sorry to hear about the damage. I've lived in California most of my life as well, and the most intense earthquake I felt was a 5.0 several years ago. It was 5 miles away and 5 miles down.  

The neighbors chimney came down on some kids prompting a life flight. The kitchen was inches deep in glass, water heater broke, dumped water all over, etc. Across town, it was just a shaker. So, I definitely understand how intense a relatively small quake can be. 

Earthquakes bad.

Valerie June good.

This.  

Me, watched it rain... a lot.  It started last night and basically has been raining pretty hard ever since.  There's predicted coastal flooding due to the combination of rain, snow melt and the tide but we should be alright.  Doesn't make for much fun on a Sunday though.  As long as it stays above freezing I won't gripe too much.

@Al: totally jealous

@Dan: hope you have a tape measure marked in cubits.

Me: played goalie for the after game formed by the Latino parents of some of the players on Peter's soccer team. I totally lucked out as my defense consisted of the matriarca from the various families. So between them and a goalie with a knife, we kicked ass

Caught the flu. Probably going to die. I blame deepak.

Man, I haven't felt this bad physically since Tampa a few years back, where I wasn't sure if I was going to make it on the plane or not.

112$ worth of Tamiflu and quarantining myself off should make for an interesting couple of days. I hope the kids don't get it.

**BRENT**

None of us got it this year. I always get them at work, but moved to a new building this season. Never got information about when/where they were doing them on campus, so I never got one. It's one of those little things that got away from me a few months back that I'm paying for now. Luckily, I had some PTO hit today, so I have enough built up for 2-3 days now (snow days killed the nice week+ buffer I had).

On the bright side, I'm pretty good at sleeping and not doing much of anything. Netflix just got Mad Men S6 yesterday, and they have the entirety of House, M.D. tomorrow. For my time awake, I shall be at least be satiated.

**BRENT**