And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I started the feeding frenzy is that is submitting my information to TruCar to see about getting a 2015 Honda Odyssey EX-L. Want to get the Touring Elite but it's a lot of extra money for stuff we don't need/want and a few things we do want but don't need. Already have my CarMax valuation on the trade in.

We know 3 other families that own Odyssey vans and they are very happy with them. We have no complaints at all with the Sienna, (and the one we have is just one step above the basic.)

One thing to consider is to research the customer feedback on the dealerships you'd be servicing the car at.

Remembered to go to the gun show;  bought a gun; went to the gun range with Jeff; shot said gun, plus a couple of Jeff's.

"I came here a couple of weeks ago for the cat show."
"Oh yeah, what was that like?"

"Oh, just like this, except with cats instead of guns."

I make myself laugh sometimes.

Yeah we are basically locked in on the Odyssey because of the 3 kid second row (with latch system).

Shopping around on price now. They really screw you on fees that is for sure.

Odysseys are great vans, there's a reason they're ubiquitous.

Just imagine if TicketBastard was involved with selling cars.

• Like 2

As Michael Jordan once said, "I'm back!"  Although the kids look a lot happier than I do.  It was pretty hot.  

I'm going to have to start curling my mustache again.  It gives me a "happy face" like I'm smiling even when I'm not.  That, and my smile in general isn't a big one and doesn't really show any teeth, etc.

1010143_10153360966389937_23391011357225

10750140_761275730605916_441109139207065

880x360_images4.jpg

DSC_1226.jpg

DSC_1187.jpg

Edited by Wmcmanus
  • Like 8

Spend 4.5 hours (with Tim) trying to replace the guide track for the sliding glass door.  Pretty much ended up a complete fail since the rail that it goes over was too messed up.  At least we could put the door back on and lock it.  Opening and closing without much work, not so much.  

Thanks to the big storm yesterday, we also realized that we have a leak somewhere in our house so we get to deal with that next week. 

Did I ever mention how much I hate owning a house...

Edited by shellylh

Picked up my vehicle from the garage yesterday.  My car sprung leaks.  Rear Differential Pinion seal.  Both rear axle seals.  Timing cover, Oil pan and Valve cover gaskets.  3 days and $1300 just for labor.  Did I say I hate cars?

Really? The relatively new Fusion? That sucks.

Sorry, Shelly. Awful. We're the same. 'Little' things around the house take hour upon hour for us to fix. Then often, we have to hire someone to fix our repairs. 

Really? The relatively new Fusion? That sucks.

Sorry, Shelly. Awful. We're the same. 'Little' things around the house take hour upon hour for us to fix. Then often, we have to hire someone to fix our repairs. 

Nah, the 07 Mariner.

Sorry Shelly.  Hired a jack of all trades guy this summer to address various issues at my house.  If you see me with a tool in my hands best run for cover.  I'm as likely to injure you as I am myself.

After taking the my beloved Subaru Legacy Wagon in for the 3rd repair in 6 months I came to the realization that it makes a whole lot more sense to make that the trade in for the purchase of the Odyssey. Two minivan family here we come (the Mazda is 5 mini-minivan). What amazes me is that the 06 Subaru with 70k miles is worth almost as much as the 13 Mazda 5 with 6 k miles according to KBB.

Careful with the Mazda, Chris.  My brother-in-law just had to replace the motor in their CX5, which might have the same motor as yours, and after doing some research they found out that it's not an uncommon problem but somehow hasn't gotten big enough to generate a recall or extended warranty issue.  I think there's is an '10 or so but you might want to do a little searching on your own.  All I really know is that it started with a head gasket and went very bad, very quickly.

• Like 1

Turns out that my original surprise at trade in valuation on the Subaru was well founded and that Kelley Blue Book has its head up its ass on that one. I can find almost identical cars locally selling at dealers for $4k under what they said it was worth. The Black Book price (one of the local dealers allows access, which is odd) is almost half what KBB says. Still going to get rid of it though.

Going to CarMax when it opens to find out a true value to use with the dealer on the trade in. Should be working but instead thinking about minivans.

Edited by Dreadhead

Chris, note that minivans tend to fare poorly in the new "small overlap" test.  Google "minivans fare poorly collision test" for more info.  Apparently, the Honda Odyssey fares best, yet it only received a "good" rating: "The Honda Odyssey, which was tested in 2013, received the highest rating of any minivan, a Good, on the small-overlap test."

• Like 1