And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Glad to see that they're going to be using the USPS!

Maybe I'm old fashioned, it just seems like the Post Office is always in dire straights and I'd hate to see them go under.

Sometimes I feel guilty when I see folks working on holidays or Sundays. For Postmen, they'll be working to keep their jobs.

Amazon did come through at the end and made right on the screw up by the re-seller. However, it took a *LOT* of more time and phone calls to get them to do it. I spoke to a total of 6 reps and 2 supervisors. Not surprisingly, it depends on how much a specific CS rep is willing to do for you. If you feel that you can do better, just call again.

I have used Amazon for years (since '95 actually) and in my humble opinion, it is great until you need serious customer service help, from then on, it is a crap shot. IF you don't get the answer you want from a CS representative, just try again or escalate to a sup, it just takes TIME and determination... Also, the most "willing to help" reps in my experience are the ones that you get to "call back" when they send you the survey to see if you feel satisfied with CS.

Yeah, have a bunch of stuff showing up on Sunday, by default. I don't need the stuff on Sunday, kinda feel bad for the delivery guy that has to do this on a Sunday... I guess I could have selected "no rush" delivery, but since prime defaults to 2-day shipping, it went through before I actually knew it was scheduled for Sunday. So, it is on for Sunday.

On the specific issue, I would avoid ordering anything from "The Nerds" on amazon. Really don't know much about them, other that they reneged on an order, after a month of waiting and the item being in stock in there store (verified by amazon themselves).

Up at stupid O'Clock to drive the rental car back to the office, where we get driven onto the airport. Our driver was a real "Diamond geezer" / car nut who took us by the back roads to avoid the M25. He kept us amused with tales of the modified boost (variable, up to 2.5 ATM) on his Toyota hatchback. He said he got 11mpg when he was having fun. Had launch control, or he could turn it off and go through 100 quid of tyres in 30 seconds, and impress onlookers (think POWEEERR!)

He got us there without incident, and with plenty of time to spare.

Joanne sampled some Haig Club at duty free (whisky for the non whisky drinker) and now I'm watching one of the younger brood cavorting on the screens at the Burberry store. Bloody Beckham's everywhere.

Now to sit in a tin can with several hundred disease vectors for the next half day. At least I have Joanne and my JH13's with me.

Onward

• Like 2

Sucks that you had to go through that, but appreciate the info.

Speaking of two day, for some reason, I keep getting a page that says I'm not taking advantage of two day. Is there something special I need to do?

are you doing the "one-click" for your orders? If yes, maybe your orders have defaulted to std shipping for some reason. What I'd try is for the next order, use the add to cart and then regular checkout. Select 2-day as shipping method, if I remember correctly, there is a "use these settings for future orders" or similar option at this checkout step. That should save your shipping preferences for "one-click."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

are you doing the "one-click" for your orders? If yes, maybe your orders have defaulted to std shipping for some reason. What I'd try is for the next order, use the add to cart and then regular checkout. Select 2-day as shipping method, if I remember correctly, there is a "use these settings for future orders" or similar option at this checkout step. That should save your shipping preferences for "one-click."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, no, I'm doing all that (one click would be to dangerous for someone like me...whoops, accidentally bought that bass...), I think maybe they're just wrong.

Sometimes it's the little things in life.....

Went to a CVS today on the way back from dropping Andrew off at work.  Saw a cute handmade/knit case for eyeglasses on the ground.  Picked it up, brought it inside, and gave it a young lady at the front counter.

Bought my things, and literally as I'm leaving I hear a woman say with a fair bit of emotion, "Oh, you found it, THANK YOU..."

Turns out it was handmade by her mom, who has since passed away.

• Like 8

Lost my Maui Jim Sunglasses in IKEA. Very annoying. Trying to decide what to replace them with.

Also went to look at a potential house that cost a fortune and realized just how expensive it is around here when a reasonably OK kept but not well kept home is north of a <Dr. Evil> One Million Dollars <\Dr. Evil>. Trying to figure out budgets etc is a PITA.

One picture says it all-

IMG_3075_zpse7f6bcb6.jpg

Just started to recover from a full day of a fencing tournament.  This was the third and final for the three novice fencer series tournament. Lance's total was nineteen wins and one loss.

It was a good if not nerve wracking day.  Cheers all!

• Like 5

I was checking out what I thought was an ingrown hair.  Turns out it's a fucking deer tick, so I have to go get antibiotics tomorrow just in case the fucker has lyme disease.

I hate Lyme disease. We need better testing.

Some doctors won't give you antibiotic's simply for getting a tick bite, and yet 40% of people that have Lyme disease antibodies test false negative and miss getting treated. So what are they waiting for? Symptoms.

But then they don't adequately treat long enough, and it leads to persistence of the organism. But we have no test for persistence except for tissue biopsy, since antibodies don't tell you if the infection is current or in the past.