And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Dropped off an item at a local UPS service center and was asked "is it packed well enough to survive an 8-ft drop onto concrete?"  I replied, "I've never intentionally dropped anything from 8 feet onto concrete that I intend to keep/use after the fact.  Are you planning on dropping my package from 8 feet on to concrete?"

• Like 2

Dropped off an item at a local UPS service center and was asked "is it packed well enough to survive an 8-ft drop onto concrete?"  I replied, "I've never intentionally dropped anything from 8 feet onto concrete that I intend to keep/use after the fact.  Are you planning on dropping my package from 8 feet on to concrete?"

"We're not even going to pretend we're not assholes."

Yeah, it's one of the local startups. As the new marketing project manager it is my duty to show you what we have done so far. I tried the method on my LS50ies - and managed to get some extra low end and got rid of the midbass hump.

But damn, I was bugging these guys for an interview for like half a year and then out of the blue they offer me this position. Felt good.

• Like 6

I just got yelled at for about 15 minutes by a woman from Digicel (Jamaican-based phone company) for not being able to accommodate her 11th hour request for a 3-6pm Santa event on a freaking Saturday (December 13th).  This, after she cancelled a booking that they had previously made for the prior Saturday from 12-2pm with nothing more than a "Sorry, but we're not doing a Santa event this year" email.  (As in, fuck you, we're not really sorry, we're just canceling.)  

So now it's my fucking job to be able to read her mind 10 months in advance and reserve one of the most prime spots on my entire calendar, which was actually booked on February 12th for $400 per hour.  She actually wants me to call that company and cancel their event and rebook it for her company for $175 per hour because that's what is in her budget and what she considers to be "a fair price."  I was patient with her and offered every conceivable solution that I could in terms of my availability (mostly evening hours during the week at this point).  But no, she wants me for her event at her rate, and expects me to fuck myself with my other clients.  I'd actually have to cancel that event and shift around another event to do as she's demanded (not requested).  

All of this because, apparently (in her view), I should allow them to pick their date and time (and rate) because they rudely cancelled on me about 2 weeks ago with no indication whatsoever that they might be considering hosting another event at a different location, date, and time.  She kept saying, "But we already made a reservation!" as if it represents a coupon of some sort that then allows them to order me around any which way they choose to.  What an idiot.  Plus, they made me give away those shitty little miniature candy canes last year because they were too cheap to do anything better.  In the meantime, I've rebooked my time for their cancelled event on the 6th, so she's not getting that time either!

Edited by Wmcmanus
  • Like 2