And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Took the day off to setup the garage and unbox all my bike crap. Also attempted to fix a HVAC vent that had low flow with a booster fan but came away from Home Depot only with an elbow that I hoped would at least help after learning of the wiring complexity. When I went to put in the elbow I realized the idiot installers had attached it to the main trunk with a damper that they left mostly shut. Flows much better now and cost me $6.

• Like 4

That reminds me, I need to haul my ass into the attic and replace a few feet of heater ducting. Unfortunately, I was the idiot that leaned on a section and smushed it down an inch or so. Since it's on an end run, that extra bit of resistance reduces the flow by 50% or so.

Maybe I'll wait for a super hot day so I'll learn my lesson!

• Like 1

Took the day off to setup the garage and unbox all my bike crap. Also attempted to fix a HVAC vent that had low flow with a booster fan but came away from Home Depot only with an elbow that I hoped would at least help after learning of the wiring complexity. When I went to put in the elbow I realized the idiot installers had attached it to the main trunk with a damper that they left mostly shut. Flows much better now and cost me $6.

I wonder if that's my issue with our bedroom A/C vent.

Had an interview today.  Just found out I made it to the second round, which is tomorrow.  Position is for the company that handles Costco's merchandising and promotion in the Midwest.  It would be an entry level "on the ground" position for the first six months (pay is decent, though), and after 6 months if it's a good fit, whoever gets the job would become a product manager.  Makes sense.  We'll see.

Finger's crossed!

And, does that mean you'd have a say in making sure Costco will continue their money back guarantee on all high end watches like Omega, even 5-15 years later?  

Oh, I think it's for the best, Antonio.  It just wasn't the kind of work that I decided to get an MBA to do.  I broke down and submitted my resume to manager/executive recruiters in Cincinnati. I'm also working at expanding my LinkedIn profile.

It takes a brave person to say no and keep looking for their dream job in this day and age where most people would jump at the first offer out of fear of missing out.

Dealing with the second plumbing issue in as many weeks. This time, I found white powder pouring out of rhe kitchen cabinet. Freaked. Cleaned it up before the cats could get to it. Turns out a box of dishwasher soap burst because it was wet. And drops of water were forming on the inside cabinet wall. Like in a cheap horror movie. Without any plausible source. And THAT turned out to be a fine crack in my under sink water filter which was emitting a very, very fine mist. So fine, I couldn't see it in the beam of a flashlight. It was then coalescing on the wall. Had there not been a droplet on the bottom of the filter, I never wouldn't have figured it out. I would have called an exorcist. Sheeesh A couple of weeks ago, the safety float switch on my a/c didn't activate, making a big ass puddle on the carpet. What next? In getting worried about that python in the toilet thing.

Yesterday, went to Santa Cruz, had brunch. Sea-Side CA in the summer seems to generate surfer dudes and beach babes. Who knew. Transiting SF on our return, we thought the zombie apocalypse had begun, as large groups of shambling individuals were roaming the streets in the darkness. Turns out it was just young people returning from the "Outside Lands" music festival :)