And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Let us know how the Edge part grows/doesn't grow on you. I think we share similar issues with Android, but while in an AT&T store recently, I kept glancing at an older Edge with demo emails, call information, etc. scrolling on side. Was kinda smitten (though a few feet away seeing only edge, not staring at possibly distracting front). Can you customize it to send Tapatalk notifications, etc.? That said smartwatches may be taking over that function now.

Also agree once too big, doesn't get much worse. Well, moving to two hands. Bending legs can become an issue. 

Edited by blessingx

I'm keeping my Note 4, then maybe back to the iPhone in a year or so unless one of the new manufacturers proves decent. Taking the replaceable battery and memory card slot away from the Note killed any use I have for it other than the pen. No wonder Sammy is floundering.

• Like 1

The battery drain is suspicious, Jacob, but not having ever had an S6 I can't think of what would be causing it.  Have you checked the battery usage info in the system menu (I assume it's there like every other Sammy phone)?

Otherwise I'd say that my iPhone has consistently had better battery life than my Android phones when sitting idle - and to a pretty large degree.  If I leave my iPhone off the charger overnight when I pick it up the next day it will generally have exactly the same capacity remaining or perhaps have dropped a few %.  My S5 would easily lose 10-20% in the same situation.  Now, in fairness, I'm sure that some of this is related to the fact that the stupid iPhone cannot accept push emails from Gmail (which is a big frustration w/ the iPhone for me) and therefore only pings the mail server at 15min intervals (or something like that).  So it's doing less than the S5 would have been trying to do.

Anyway, having had an iPhone for a few months now I'm still firmly in the camp that both OS's offer good things but neither one has hit a home run for me with their current hardware.

Nate, I don't know what app you're using for your Gmail on iPhone, but Inbox app will push them (though it only works with Gmail).

I've been thinking of trying out an Android phone, partly because I'm not using Mac at home anymore (work does, but they're pushing a confusing combination of Mac/Exchange/Google Drive) and also because of Project Fi - though Sprint/TMobile coverage is scary thought for me.

This was in New Haven. US Open tickets are stupid expensive, and they generally suck as the good seats are sold to corporations leaving actual tennis fans to sit in the second tier. So we tend to skip it. We did go to Montreal a couple of weeks ago where we got to see Nadal play.

IMAG0595.thumb.jpg.de48bbb0b4b450c14933f

• Like 3

This was in New Haven. US Open tickets are stupid expensive, and they generally suck as the good seats are sold to corporations leaving actual tennis fans to sit in the second tier. So we tend to skip it. We did go to Montreal a couple of weeks ago where we got to see Nadal play.

IMAG0595.thumb.jpg.de48bbb0b4b450c14933f

I'm a big tennis fan myself and I understand what you mean. I always attend the BB&T ATL open, at least either final & semi.  For near $100, I'm at the front row.  I don't think my $$ will go as far in bigger events.  Of course, I only get to see Isner serving fest the past few years.  Rodick came over before he retired and I missed that one.

• Like 2

When we were in Chicago, we used to go to the tourney in Indianapolis (which has now relocated to Atlanta). We could get 2nd or 3rd row baseline tickets for ~$40 midweek. Saw Roddick play there which was fun as he had a running conversation with the people close by. We went to the US Open a few years back, and I believe we spent greater than $150 each for nosebleed tickets to an early round (to see, oddly enough, Roddick, who we also saw in Indian Wells & Cincinnati.)

The best deal in tennis is grounds passes at Wimbledon which were £15 when we went. We shared a courtside bench with Chakvetadze's dad and coach and then got courtside Centre Court seats to see Bartoli (who was the defending finalist) for £5 (as people leave early, they resell the tickets for charity).

Edited by dsavitsk

At the hospital we constantly have to look up stuff. Phones are the only things allowed for students as laptops and ipads can be used to deploy viruses...don't see how phones can't do the same.

It's more about what you do with the device when you access the patient.

You put a phone in your lab coat pocket, with a bigger device, you put it on the bed, the bedside table,.. then off to the next room where you put it on the bed, the bedside table,..