Knuckledragger

Hey Head-Case, what's your bandwidth like?

Holy jebus, Nate. I never got that kind of download speed when I had Comcrap.

It's kind of BS, I don't get sustained speeds that high. I think Comcast has tweaked their bandwidth to show grossly over-rated speeds when checked by utilities like speedtest. I think in the really real world I get about half that, after a forced upgrade when I renewed my service this year.

1200229665.png

I pay for 6, so I'm ok with that not being a real world result :)

I pay for 6, so I'm ok with that not being a real world result :)

Yeah, I pay for 30 (no choice) and it generally fluctuates between 20 and 30 in real world downloading. I'd have a hard time going back.

1200989762.png

The Nashua House hotel where I'm staying, located in scenic Oak Bluffs (which I habitually refer to as "Oak's Bluff.") Better than I get on the mainland. :palm:

I didn't realize Comcrap had instituted a download cap. I wonder when Verizon will start doing the same thing, or are they already doing that?

AT&T will cap DSL and U-Verse internet, impose overage fees

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/13/atandt-will-cap-dsl-u-verse-internet-and-impose-overage-fees/

Ladies and gentlemen, the days of unlimited broadband may be numbered in the United States, and we're not talking wireless this time -- AT&T says it will implement a 150GB monthly cap on landline DSL customers and a 250GB cap on subscribers to U-Verse high speed internet starting on May 2nd. AT&T will also charge overage fees of $10 for every additional 50GB of data, with two grace periods to start out -- in other words, the third month you go over the cap is when you'll get charged. DSLReports says it has confirmation from AT&T that these rates are legitimate, and that letters will go out to customers starting March 18th.

I wish I got this at home --

Work:

1201709812.png

Will try home later (when I am not seading 25 torrents)

----

Yep weak at home

1202094868.png

Edited by mikeymad

From work:

1205034596.png

Previous expletive x2. You two both realize you're in the top 1 percentile of your respective countries, don't you? I wish I could live where you work. No I don't, I just wish I had those connection speeds at home.

When I let speedtest.net pick the server, it picks something in Florida for some reason:

1205065448.png

When I pick the one in DC:

1205068232.png

Yes, we have a weird, fucked up configuration -- Menlo Park (CA) insists on managing our ISP, but I don't get the Florida angle.

I blink and my torrents are here. :) Hell, the ancient boot drive in my server is the real bottleneck, not the FiOS connection.

Okay, it just was begging to be posted.

0934d7d7_1002975477.png

Sadly, most of the time I'm in my dorm on 100mbit ethernet.

1207013123.png

The academic side of campus is usually an even 150/150 or so, the residential side throttles upload.

Edited by revolink24

Comcast felt a bit faster tonight. I suppose during the day we're sharing bandwidth and it sometimes slows down to half of this. This is still 10x faster than we ever got with Qwest DSL.

1207882013.png

I want to live in Rochester! A fifth of a Gigabit per second - I had no idea that was possible.

And "Sadly, most of the time I'm in my dorm on 100mbit ethernet" - well boo hoo.