Wmcmanus

RIP someone or another

Stanislav, husband of one of my Russkie friends since childhood, Anna Tchursin, “lost his lifelong battle with depression”, as she put it.  I still blame Covid-19, albeit indirectly.  I only met him once, but he was quite the character.

• Sad 9

RIP Don, incredible coach; he'll never have to see a team break his Dolphin's record for a perfect season.....

And RIP Dave Greenfield, keyboardist extraordinaire for The Stranglers...heart complications due to COVID-19 😪

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Godspeed, Don...  I was born in Miami and recall as a pup the city exploding on the second Super Bowl win back to back.  It was something.  Great memories of a class act.  

RIP, Mr. Greenfied...

HS

• Like 1

Fuck the fuck out of cancer! Fuck! RIP Florian 😢

Ralf Huetter and Florian Schneider-Esleben, the founding core of the electro group Kraftwerk, pictured here in the early 70's. Both were classical music students in Dusseldorf and emerged from the German experimental music community in the late 1960's to form Kraftwerk.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

The sad demise of Florian Schneider prompted me to listen to the astonishing 22 minute version of Autobahn - for the first time in decades. They were so superb - there was nothing to compare to their electronic minimalist, almost Philip Glass musical style - in the early 70's.

RIP Schneider.

• Like 5

RIP “Little” Richard Penniman. 

"A-wop-bop-a-loo-bop-a-wop-bam-boom!" -best line in all of pop music, IMO. 

• Sad 9

RIP, Mr. Horn.

Godspeed, Little Richard...  You paved a way for many a performer.  Thank you for all the entertainment.

HS

• Like 1

RIP Roy and Little Richard.

And now RIP Jerry Stiller at 92 of natural causes. I liked Stiller and Meara as a kid and loved him as George's dad. Another reason it will be a sad Festivus this year.

4AB6068B-DE13-46DA-91CC-62F1FCE68514.thumb.jpeg.77555c3863f7f3adeb6a78e2cc7167cd.jpeg

503A6797-6F2C-44BA-9FB7-DFDEE98B2C85.gif.0f58bc33efabb07954ddc5c755f6ea16.gif

• Sad 7

RIP Jimmy Glenn, boxer, cutman, trainer and bar owner due to coronavirus 

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/may/15/jimmy-glenn-boxing-bar-times-square?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other 

“I’m not going to be a billionaire,” Glenn once said. “It’s too late now. So I sell three-dollar beers.”

Edited by blessingx
  • Sad 1

RIP Fred Willard

Alway one of my favorites and who had a knack for touching my funny bone.

RIP Fred. Loved him in so many things but this always comes to mind first. 

C782446E-65FB-4A0C-947C-8A233CEE61F6.png

• Like 2