RIP someone or another

Stanislav, husband of one of my Russkie friends since childhood, Anna Tchursin, “lost his lifelong battle with depression”, as she put it.  I still blame Covid-19, albeit indirectly.  I only met him once, but he was quite the character.

• Sad 9
  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Matilda, my 15 year old cat I've had since she was a kitten passed this morning.

Condolences, Wayne. My brother in law got killed in a bike accident this afternoon. 38yo, father of two, 6 and 3 yo kids. I can't find words to say how stupid and nonsensical is this.

Some of you have seen this on Facebook, but I wanted to post it here as well. I don't feel like typing up anything different, but I love you guys and wanted to share this. Today marks the 25th annive

Posted Images

RIP Don, incredible coach; he'll never have to see a team break his Dolphin's record for a perfect season.....

And RIP Dave Greenfield, keyboardist extraordinaire for The Stranglers...heart complications due to COVID-19 😪

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Godspeed, Don...  I was born in Miami and recall as a pup the city exploding on the second Super Bowl win back to back.  It was something.  Great memories of a class act.  

RIP, Mr. Greenfied...

HS

• Like 1

The sad demise of Florian Schneider prompted me to listen to the astonishing 22 minute version of Autobahn - for the first time in decades. They were so superb - there was nothing to compare to their electronic minimalist, almost Philip Glass musical style - in the early 70's.

RIP Schneider.

• Like 5

RIP “Little” Richard Penniman. 

"A-wop-bop-a-loo-bop-a-wop-bam-boom!" -best line in all of pop music, IMO. 

• Sad 9

RIP Roy and Little Richard.

And now RIP Jerry Stiller at 92 of natural causes. I liked Stiller and Meara as a kid and loved him as George's dad. Another reason it will be a sad Festivus this year.

4AB6068B-DE13-46DA-91CC-62F1FCE68514.thumb.jpeg.77555c3863f7f3adeb6a78e2cc7167cd.jpeg

503A6797-6F2C-44BA-9FB7-DFDEE98B2C85.gif.0f58bc33efabb07954ddc5c755f6ea16.gif

• Sad 7

RIP Jimmy Glenn, boxer, cutman, trainer and bar owner due to coronavirus 

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/may/15/jimmy-glenn-boxing-bar-times-square?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other 

“I’m not going to be a billionaire,” Glenn once said. “It’s too late now. So I sell three-dollar beers.”

Edited by blessingx
  • Sad 1